There exists an abundance of characters in Britannia. Some are simply bystanders, locals or the occasional lone wanderer, while others are powerful monarchs or bloodthirsty invaders set on leaving their mark in history. Whether they succeed or not, is up to the player characters to decide in some cases, although certain events and individuals are a bit harder to influence than others. For convenience’s sake, I’ve divided the characters into sub-categories. The sheer number of characters (at least when this page is finished), would simply make an overwhelming list to scroll through. So, without further discussion, here we go.
These characters are each played by individuals in our gaming group. Some have been active for a longer time than the others, while others have simply made a brief visitation to the chronicle. Please inform me of any inconsistencies in these characters information pages, since I have limited insight into the minds of these characters.
Active through the 4th to 9th centuries, these Elders are the major figures in the events of Britannia.
- Blinne, the Sheriff of Dubris.
- Breed, newly appointed Huntress pack leader.
- Fherah, the infamous Scourge of Glevum.
- Gaius Aegius, legendary autocrat of Gabaractonum.
- Hector Augustinus, Paragon of Bones and Prince of Glevum.
- Janos, lonesome wanderer.
- Lucius Aurelius Castor, major key figure in Deva and former Justicar.
- Ishmael, elder Martyr and legendary mediator.
- Shaqifa, infamous Apostate and legendary Oracle.
- Sherwin of Lundon, lost to the mists of past.
- Vivia Valerius Vetus, famous Vizier and politician.
- Wythe, legendary Hunter pack leader.
Embraced recently in the 9th century, these young talents are struggling to find their place in a society dominated by powerful elders.
- Asgeirr, a Viking raider turned into a Crusader and agitator.
- Branwen, a former Celtic princess and eager Scion.
- Edda, an ambitious Tyrant with a grand agenda.
- Edric, a Heartless outcast and “imbecile”.
- Hlif, a warrior Scholar with a shrouded past.
Cainites of Britannia
Shadow of a Horned God is, after all, a chronicle for Dark Ages: Vampire, and as such it is not surprising that a good portion of the characters are vampires. Therefore, I have decided to divide them according to their Clans. Here I have listed the most common Clans of Britannia, and the others are found under Others. Here we go:
- Clan Brujah
- Clan Gangrel
- Clan Lasombra
- Clan Malkavian
- Clan Nosferatu
- Clan Toreador
- Clan Ventrue
- Other Clans
It is also possible to search for a specific Cainite according to their Road. Here is a list of the available Roads in Britannia.