Previously: Congresswoman Capelli had a disastrous interview with the Parade Sisters, who ambushed her at her fundraiser. Meanwhile, the rest of the heroes investigated the accusations against Samuel Trask, discovering that there were holes in the charges levied agianst Trask as there were several pieces of possible exonerating evidence that had been withheld or ignored. Madcap discovered that the police were under some kind of mysterious spell that looked like the work of the supervillain named Pharaoh, a former archaeologist turned villain after stumbling upon an ancient artifact that gave him superstrength, giant size, and magical powers. The heroes then went off to consult an eyewitness to the crime, and foiled an assassination attempt by one of Pharaoh’s minions, a hitman armed with strange gadgets and a massive pistol. However, the heroes then discovered that the situation had gone haywire in the police station, with Pharaoh mind-controlling the entire station as well as Samuel Trask to wreak havoc. The heroes, starting with Cougress, Stix, and Madcap, arrived at the station where they opened up a battle against the mind-controlled police and Samuel Trask, who was revealed to be under the control of Pharaoh.
Current session game play
[The same day]
•The rest of the heroes caught up with Cougress, Stix, and Madcap and engaged the police horde once Trask had been knocked out.
•The heroes easily defeated the horde, but were surprised by the sudden appearance of Pharoah, who entered the fray
•Pharoah showed off his impressive array of powers, which included superhuman strength, a vast array of spells such as mind control and deflection, and the ability to transform himself into an indestructible form.
•Jin Tonakami displayed his powers, which are derived from some kind of mystical amulet. He used the amulet to summon lightning bolts and then turn into a blue dragon, but his even his powers had little effect on the Pharaoh.
•With the battle at a standstill, and Pharoah about to summon a powerful rain of fire spell, Jin ordered the party to stand down and for the OUA to teleport them out of the area. The heroes were able to retrieve the unconscious Samuel Trask, but Wilson Thurberry was left a hostage for the nefarious Egyptian.
•The heroes: Cougress, Acertijo, Stix, Vector, Peacemaker, and Madcap regrouped at the OUA where they re-encountered Dr. Ivan Shaw, Agent Steven Rogers, and Agent Tonakami. They received the news that their exploits were being broadcast on live tv, and the Pharaoh remained at large.
• Nathean/Stix had an unfortunate slip of the tongue during the debriefing, when he “outed” Cougress to Agent Rogers by mentioning that Samuel Trask was Cougress’ husband. Thankfully, Peacemaker restrained Cougress from tearing the embarassed teenager limb from limb.
•Russell Harrison arrived at the station, pursued by police under the control of Pharoah, and revealed that he had the Rod of Nike. Agent Rogers declared the amulet to be under the jurisdiction of the OUA and sent the police on their way.
•Dr. Shaw examined the Rod of Nike and realized that he would be able to use it to dispel Pharoah’s magic and negate the supervillain’s most potent defensive spells.
• The heroes and the OUA were then given an ultimatum by Pharaoh to deliver the Rod of Nike to Pharoah in Times Square in return for the life of Wilson Thurberry.
• Agents Rogers and Tonakami decided that the heroes needed backup and introduced them to The Citizen, a female supersoldier with a powerful shield who was experienced in dealing with difficult situations. The Citizen was on leave from Chicago, her usual home base, and offered to assist the heroes in their battle against Pharoah.
• The Citizen came up with a tactical plan to employ against the Pharoah’s trap in Times Square. She broke up the party into three team: one team to rescue Wilson Thurberry, one time to dispatch/neutralize/distract Pharoah’s police horde, and the final team to take on the villain himself.
• The plan went off without a hitch: Cougress and Madcap rescued Thurberry; Peacemaker, Acertijo, and Vector all dealt with the police horde; and Dr. Shaw, The Citizen, and Stix engaged The Pharoah after tricking him into believing that they were going to submit to his demands.
• A battle royale ensued between the heroes and Pharoah, and Dr. Shaw dispelled Pharaoh’s most powerful defensive spells so that the heroes’ attacks could actually harm the villain.
• Vectpr unleashed a powerful stun attack on the supervillain, which rendered Pharaoh senseless. Madcap, delighting in the situation, then transformed the Pharoah’s garments into that of a baby while the once mighty supervillain transformed back into that of his human state: that of a small-statured middle-aged professor.
• The heroes were then dismissed by the OUA, who arrived to clean up the situation. Agent Rogers ordered the heroes to rest up for the night and to meet him in Central Park the next morning- preferably as their alter-egos.
[The next day]
• Maria, Raynard, Ping, Isaac, Nathean, and Ali (keeping up his cover as Peacemaker’s “messenger”) all arrived at Central Park to meet Agent Rogers. The OUA agent brought a surprise guest: Russell Harrison, who was amazed to discover that Congresswoman Capelli, her Press Secretary, and Senator Fitzgerald’s son were all ultrahumans!
• Agent Rogers then offered all of the heroes the opportunity to register with the OUA, and in return the OUA would help them maintain their dual lives. Furthermore, Russell Harrison offered to serve as the new team’s benefactor.
• All of the heroes accepted the OUA’s offer, with the partial exception of Ali who agreed to work as an “outside contractor.”
• Agent Rogers then offered the newly-minted team of ultrahumans the opportunity to witness the interrogation of Pharaoh at the OUA headquaters. The team followed Agent Rogers there and joined the interrogation. They discovered that the supervillain was only the tip of the iceberg as the cackling criminal told them that he was a member of the Mouth of Tartarus and that his employers knew everything about each one of the heroes and he chortled as he challenged each one individually. The Pharoah apparently had wanted to “get Samuel Trask out of the way” so he could execute his organization’s master plan, but his attempt had been foiled by the meddling ultrahumans.
• The Citizen was released from her duties in Neapolis and announced that she was going to return to Chicago and her superhero team known as the Crusaders. The heroes were also visited by the mysterious red-headed woman who had summoned them on their previous adventures. She revealed her name to be “Courage.” The team then went their separate ways for now: Ali returned to his lab, Ping and Isaac returned to the police force, Maria went off to see her husband in the hospital, Raynard went off to meet with Maria’s staff, Dr. Shaw returned the Rod of Nike and went back home, and Nathean returned to his studies at NYU.
• There was a final “post-credits” cut-scene with Pharaoh being visited in his prison cell by “Courage.” Pharaoh threw challenges and insults at “Courage” and pledged that her heroes would be defeated. Courage easily retorted the villain’s tirades, argued that her heroes would vanquish Pharaoh’s order, and then wiped Pharoah’s memory clean of the talk once she had found out what she needed.
“The disparate band of Ultrahumans are now a team, but what new challenges and foes await them? Tune in next time for Ultrahumans: Shadows of the First Ones!”