Previously: Our heroes travelled to Miami to find the mad scientist Dr. Theodore Reckland and put a stop to his nefarious experiments. Maria was interviewed by Angelina Jolie, getting a boost for her re-election campaign. The Ultrahumans managed to capture a superpowered drug dealer named Cobalt as well as defeat a mutant gang called The Brood.
March 26, 2011 Session Gameplay
[The Same Day: 9/24/2010]
• The heroes present for this session were: Cougress, Stix, Vector, Acertijo, Madcap, and Aemerys the Atlantean (or “Crow”)
• The heroes interrogated Dr. Reckland at the OUA headquarters in Miami. They discovered that Dr. Reckland had been working with some mysterious organization to carry out his experiments of combining human and animal DNA.
• The heroes then were visited by Colonel Warhammer, who informed them that an agent of his had gone missing. He apologized for the lack of briefing, but urged them to travel to a location in Miami to pick up an informant who knew the whereabouts of his agent.
• The heroes arrived at the address and were promptly ambushed by an army of Shinobi ninjas that used strange weapons that nullified superhero powers. The Shinobi were led by a black-robed assassin named Darkwire who simply observed the fight and then ended it with by teleporting the heroes into the Underworld.
• The heroes, stunned to be in the underworld, discovered that they were surrounded by Shinobi. Colonel Warhammer revealed himself among the Shinobi and confessed that Colonel Richard Wheeler had been dead for 7 years, and he was actually Hades: God of the Underworld.
• Hades compelled the heroes to surrender by taking away their powers, and then imprisoned the heroes inside of Tartarus. He then offered the heroes the choice to join his cause and gave the following story.
• Hades was originally Laertes, one of the First Ones. He was aggravated by the decision of the First Ones to allow the world to fall into a dark age, and overthrew them 500 years ago. The First Ones were then imprisoned, while Hades manipulated the world using his Mouth of Tartarus and his Chosen.
• Hades described his agenda to simply “keep the world running,” and referred to the heroes as the “First Chosen in 20 years,” as well as the “Chosen of Aeteniya.” He then departed and left the heroes to debate among themselves.
• After a polarizing debate among the heroes, they were interrupted by the sudden appearance of Safina: daughter of Hades. Safina informed them that Hades had lied to them, as he had actually murdered 6 of the 10 Gods who were his own family members. She restored their powers and freed them from their bonds.
• The party then battled their way out of Tartarus led by Safina, and managed to narrowly escape from Hades.
• The heroes then arrived in Miami, stunning the local beachgoers and bystanders. They mentioned to Safina that they needed to find Courage, and Safina informed them that Courage was probably still on “The Path,” and her father has perhaps sent agents to deal with her (or even himself). Safina then summoned them onto “The Path,” and the session concluded with the heroes and Safina racing off to find Courage before it was too late.
TO BE CONTINUED…