Previously: Our heroes managed to rescue the Muse Courage from the diabological grasp of Hades and his nefarious agents. They brought her back to Neapolis using The Path, where she merged with their supercomputer at their secret headquarters. They discovered that their adventures on the path had taken far longer than expected and ended up missing the entire weekend. Safine, the errant daughter of Hades, told them that she would figure out a disguise while present in the mortal realm (and adapt to all the changes since she had last visited Earth).
June 11, 2011 Session Gameplay
[Two Days Later: 9/29/2010]
• The heroes present for this session were: Cougress, Stix, Vector, Madcap, and Aemerys the Atlantean (or “Crow”).
• The heroes were summoned to the OUA headquarters after they went their separate ways for a day. Amereys learned more about the 21st century Republican States, Vector returned to his family and police force, Stix returned to college to catch up on his studies, and Madcap and Cougress resolved concerns by Congresswoman Capelli’s staff and caught up on fundraising.
• The ultrahumans were then reintroduced to Agent Alyssa Mason, who was surprised when Amereys began ranting about Colonel Warhammer. Agent Mason expressed incredulity at Amereys’ rants and responded that there had been no Colonel Warhammer working with the OUA (it seems that Hades had since covered his tracks in the mortal realm).
• Although Amereys then proceeded to annoy Agent Mason almost to the point of rage, the liason managed to hold her composure and brought the rest of the party along with the Atlantean to an experimental “holo-room” in the facility dubbed the IVANSIM where they were to take their tests to finally become beta-5 ranked agents. Agent Mason also introduced them to Sprite, a runaway Southern girl turned ultrahuman, who would be joining them on their test.
• The Virtual Reality test set the heroes in Chicago, where they were directed to rescue the inhabitants of a burning apartment building. Luckily, the fire was initially restricted to the top floor- and Madcap managed to finagle water from Lake Michigan to put out the flames.
• Most of the heroes then proceeded to rescue the inhabitants of the building, but Amereys ended up engaging a deadly anti-Ultrahuman robot almost single-handedly. With the assistence of the rest of the team, the robot was swiftly dispatched.
• Once the last resident was rescued, the simulation concluded and Agent Mason announced the results of their evaluation: the team had successfully completed the test and all of its members were now beta-ranked OUA agents (specifically beta-5s). The adventure concluded with Cougress hitting on the handsome Atlantean, who was visably taken aback, and fled once his advances were rejected by Agent Mason (and Cougress’ flirts began escalating).TO BE CONTINUED…