Previously: Our heroes, shaking off the death of their friend and ally Jin Tonakami, went to sleep that evening. They then woke up in a mysterious dream where they encountered the Muse Courage once again. Courage sent off the team to Ancient Atlantis to find Amerys, a mighty warrior, engineer-scientist, and master of the elements. They rescued Amerys and brought him back to present-day Neapolis.
March 5, 2011 Session Gameplay
[The Next Day: 9/23/2010]
• The heroes present for this session were: Cougress, Stix, Peacemaker, Acertijo, Madcap, and Aemerys the Atlantean (or “Crow”)
• Amerys woke up in Peacemaker/Ali Mansour’s mansion, and being unaware of modern technology or customs, he promptly trashed the bedroom and smashed up the glass doors to Ali’s porch.
• Ali was not amused by the Atlantean’s antics, and went ballistic; thankfully, the situation was resolved when Madcap arrived and served as a translator for them.
• Meanwhile, the rest of the heroes were briefed by Agent Mason that the OUA had discovered the whereabouts of Dr. Theodore Reckland, a reclusive Albany University Professor who had been accomplished in genetics research. In particular, he had come up with a scheme called “hybridization,” which combined human and animal DNA to create ultrahumans. Dr. Reckland disappeared shortly after he made those findings about a year ago, and the agent tasked with finding him had vanished 2 weeks ago. However, the mad scientist had been spotted in Miami.
• The heroes were then dispatched off to Miami by the OUA and tasked with finding the reclusive Dr. Moreau-wannabe before he caused any further damage.
• Before heading off on a flight to Miami, Congresswoman Maria Capelli finally had an interview with Angelina Jolie on her acclaimed daytime talk show. She had an extremely successful interview with the daytime host which got rave reviews.
• The Chosen then arrived in Miami, where they traveled to the Cubano Inn. They discovered that the seedy motel was actually an OUA base, where they rested up. They then proceeded to the 18th St Cafe where they encountered Agent Castenada, their OUA contact in the city.
• After searching around the city for traces of the mad scientist or his creations, the ultrahumans discovered that there was a drug spreading throughout the underworld called “Uber.” Its source was a Ukrainian immigrant-turned drugdealer named Cobalt who ran his operations out of a hip dance club.
• The heroes (not including Vector at this time) proceeded to the club, where they managed to find Cobalt and his cronies. They attempted to trick Cobalt with a ruse, but the ultracriminal was not fooled and was ready for them.
March 12, 2011 Session Gameplay
[The Same Day: 9/23/2010]
The heroes present for this session were: Cougress, Stix, Peacemaker, Acertijo, Madcap, Vector, and Aemerys the Atlantean (or “Crow”)
• Although their plan to ambush Cobalt failed, the Heroes still managed to engage the gang leader on favorable terms and swiftly dispatched both him and his cronies. Agent Castenada showed that despite being blind, she was a master of martial arts and possessed uncanny senses which enabled her to take down several goons.
• The party then returned to the Miami OUA headquarters where the team encountered Vector, who had been elsewhere on other missions for the OUA for the past few days. Vector accompanied Agent Castenada and Cougress to interrogate Cobalt.
• The slippy thug was intimidated by the fearsome Cougress and the blunt Vector (driving a hard bargain with his knowledge of the law and manipulating the ignorant brute), and Cobalt divulged the whereabouts of Dr. Reckland, although he refused to reveal who his masters were.
• The team then set off for Dr. Reckland’s laboratory, located outside of the south-side of Miami in a swamp. They arrived at the laboratory to discover that the place had been the scene of a massacre, with its guards slain and the evidence pointing to the culprit as a large mutant reptilian creature (a successful experiment of Dr. Reckland’s).
• The team, led by Cougress, then pursued the creature’s scent and tracks through Miami and its suburbs for several hours until they reached a hideout (a converted warehouse) in the rural outskirts of northern Miami early in the morning on the next day.
[The Next Day: 9/24/2010]
• Agent Castenada, Cougress, Madcap, Amerys, Vector, Acertijo, Stix, and Peacemaker engaged the gang that occupied the hideout, only to discover that the gang’s leaders were a group of mutant beneficiaries of Dr. Reckland’s experiments (two snake-men and two primal brutes) and also had the crocodile-beast that had wiped out the guards at the other laboratory.
• After a ferocious battle, the gang leaders were subdued along with Dr. Reckland’s hideous creation which was dispatched after almost felling Cougress with a single blow.
• Cougress then scampered off to discover Dr. Reckland hiding in warehouse. She discovered that the doctor had not surprisingly, gone slightly insane, but seemed to recognize her as being one of his “experiments.” She then brought the Doctor to face the rest of the heroes and Agent Castenada, while the OUA backup agents arrived to take control of the scene.
TO BE CONTINUED…