Download the character generator which allows Edges, Hindrances, Advances, extra skills, etc.
Advancement, pg 43
- Starting with Experienced Characters: all characters start as Seasoned with 20 Experience Points (4 Advances) to spend.
Character Creation Summary, pg 44
- Human only
Per the book:
- Your hero starts with a d4 in each attribute, and has 5 points with which to raise them. Raising an attribute a die type costs 1 point.
- You have 15 points for skills. Each die type in a skill costs 1 point up to the linked attribute. Going over the linked attribute costs 2 points per level.
Per Skill Specialization:
Skills are purchased with a single specialization. Additional specializations can be picked up per the book rule of 2 per point at character generation or 2 per advance. For example, at character generation a d8 skill (on a d8 linked attribute) costs 4 points and grants a single specialization. A single point more will buy 2 additional specializations, as will one advance.
- We are not using Skill Specialization
3. Edges and Hindrances
- 1 Major Hindrance and 2 Minor Hindrances, plus Human, plus 20 Experience equals 7 Edges at the start of play (or less if attributes, skills, or wealth are bought instead of Edges).
- Start with the normal $500. You can spend one Hindrance point to increase that to $1000.
5. Background Details
Pick a region where your character originated:
- King’s Landing
- The North
- The Iron Islands
- The Riverlands
- The Vale of Arryn
- The Westerlands
- The Reach
- The Stormlands
See “A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide” for more details.