Using the classifications in Ultimate Combat this campaign is considered to fall between Emerging Firearms and Common Firearms. In our campaign the baseline rules are as follows:
- Guns are uncommon, but not rare.
- Exotic Weapon (Firearms) feat is needed to use firearms.
- The Gunslinger class and Amateur Gunslinger feats are available.
- Smokepowder works differently and may have different compositon in different spheres.
- Within the atmosphere of Oerth in Greyspace guns will not function due to edicts of the Gods. The one exception to this is the priesthood and some worshipers of the Cult of Murlynd.
A few pertinent clarifications on using guns in the game:
- Firearms attacks made within the first range increment use Touch AC to resolve.
- Firearms have a max of five range increments.
- When a Misfire is rolled the shot always misses and te gun gains the broken condition. It also adds +4 to it’s misfire value. If the gun is not cleaned after a misfire and misfires again it explodes.
- The deflect arrows and snatch arrows feats are useful against bullets.
Image by Syreene