Campaign Event Timeline
Very rough background, from Canon
(Years given in BBY – “Before Battle of Yavin”. The Battle of Yavin was the battle in which the first Death Star was destroyed, at the end of the first Star Wars film)
3996 BBY Great Sith War
3964-3960 BBY Mandalorean Wars – Mandalorian stomp all around the Galaxy.
3959-3956 BBY Jedi Civil War – the Jedi who helped stop the Mandalorean fall to the dark side, and stomp all over the Galaxy.
3955 BBY Sith Civil War – After all this stomping, the Mid Rim is a shambles, and the Sith there stomp on each other for a while before the weaker ones are eliminated, and the stronger ones settle in for some longer term seething at each other.
3949 BBY Campaign start
- The Circle is gathered by Unn Zohn on Taxo, a moon of Randon, in a mining complex formerly used by the Morat Mining Company.
- The Circle visits Randon, to gather provisions, and scavenge parts in a junkyard. The group encounters haphazardly maintained droids, powered by lightsaber crystals. Here the group first encounters Darth Jhatak, and picks up insane medical droid B1-M, and utility droid T4-3D.
- The Circle finds a Force crystal buried deep in the mines of Taxo. After saving Unn Zohn from force-induced navel-gazing, the crystal is harvested. Using schematics drawn from B1-M, the crystal is harnessed as emergency power for the Vorbarr Sultana.
- The Circle travels to the planet Ota, following information found in the smuggler’s hold on the Vorbarr Sultana, hoping to find a cache of fuel. They find Mylar Kenn and Boonar Figgs manning a Dauntless Enterprises outpost.
- The Circle travels to Uogocor, and stop at an orbital station there hoping to sell some less-than-legal goods. The meet and teal with Tur Vurota, who runs the Scarlet Pain cantina. Plans are dashed when trouble arises first with local Dark Jedi (Imird and Huarn, who work for Yonta – Yonta is in the power structure of Darth Kovarra), and then with station personnel and Dauntless Enterprises. The Party escapes.
- The party escapes with Tur Vurota to a hideout he keeps. He attempts to betray them, and the party leaves him stranded there.
- The Circle travels to the abandoned spaceport at Nixor, meet the Bloodcarvers.
- With two Bloodcarvers, the group attempts to go to someplace where the assassins can find work, but the ship is dropped from hyperspace by the Chancellor’s Victory and its battle group. The group is captured, meets Wh’rr’hrr, and stages an escape. In the armory of the CV, an imprint from a Jedi Master is found, leading the party to the next destination.
- Tatooine. The party meets Coren Staim, Urbo, and Jedi Master Ilsa Ur-Fel. Training and planning ensue.
- The Circle abandons formal training, and instead go to Coruscant, to raid the Jedi Temple. Sith Zilthis is encountered, and beaten with assistance of Lieutenant Fremm and his squad. Approaching the Temple from the undercity, the party encounters “Insky” a Grey Jedi, and his two companions. A fight ensues. Insky escapes, the droid and other companion do not. Eventually, the Circle enter the temple, and find a Jedi Test left by Master Krynda Draay.
- The party escapes Coruscant by way of pretending to be the Chancellor’s baggage. Chancellor Organa is still a Jedi-sympathizer, and helps the party escape.
- Back on Tatooine, The Circle finds Master Ilsa Ur-Fel has gone to Coruscant, to protect the Chancellor from the fallout of helping the Circle. In the comm chatter that follows, on channels formerly used by the Jedi Council, there’s an odd transmission of laughter, under which there is hidden landing coordinates on Dantooine.
- Dantooine: The Circle lands, and finds a path leading to Po’an Chient. Master Chient is a bit mad, but suggests the party can find three other masters (Vrook, Kavar, and Kez-Kai-Ell) near the ruins of the Jedi Enclave. The party finds the masters, and try to convince them to come out of retirement. Partially succeeding, a plan is formed to clean Sith droids out of the Enclave.
- The group heads to the generator complex in the mountains, to cut off power to the Enclave and its droids. The Party discovers a shield generator that was turned off by a Jedi at the time the Enclave was attacked 7 years before. Meanwhile, Vrook and Kavar use the group’s spare lightsabers to construct their own weapons.
- The Circle, with Vrook and Kavar, enter the enclave, and take on the droids. Down in the engeineering levels, there are sufficient explosives to vaporize the Enclave and nearby village. The group defends the explosives from droids who have been ordered to detonate them. Master Kez-Kai-Ell arrives, with his lightsaber. The droids are defeated. The explosives are detonated above the shield, to fake the final destruction of the Enclave.
- The Circle heads back to see Master Cheint, who informs the party that he forgot to warn them that one of the other three masters would betray them. Meanwhile, Kez-Kai-Ell kills Kavar , seriously wounds Vrook, and escapes before the party can return.
- The characters achieve 5th level
- The Circle takes Master Vrook to get medical attention. While initially intending to try Mandalore, an encounter with a mercenary leads the group to change plans, hoping Kashyyk will prove a safer place to find information. An attempt to arrive by stealth ends in great damage to the Vorbarr Sultana, while a battle between Sith (Darth Jhatak’s) and Republic ships takes place in orbit. The Sultana makes a controlled crash on the planet, and the group is taken into custody by a Wookiee patrol. A fight eventually breaks out, the party demonstrates they are Jedi, and W’hurr bests the Wookiee alpha in a fight. Making a deal with a Republican soldier also in captivity, the group finds its way to the Republic ships in orbit. Captain Prenn is Jedi-sympathetic, and there on a special mission for the Chancellor, to allow Master Ur-Fel onto the planet. Darth Jhatak reveals he’s on the planet, and has captured Ur-Fel. The party’s initial reaction is to leave her in Jatak’s hands, rather than go and be surely captured, but Kez-Kai-Ell arrives in system (“to return balance to the Force” or so the party senses). The Circle goes down to confront Jhatak. A fight ensues, the party, with support of Kez-Kai-Ell and Ur-Fel, survives. Jhatak is driven to retreat, but is not killed. As the party flees the planet, another Sith battle group (possibly Darth Kovarra’s) arrives and takes on Jhatak’s forces.
- Expecting that the confusion of conflict between Jhatak and Kovarra would provide the only (and last) opportunity to rescue Uhn Zohn, the group sets out to do so. Sussara determines that Uhn Zohn is being held on Korriban, the Sith homeworld. We further determine that Darth Jhalae (sp?) is on Korriban. Seemingly suicidal or not, the group decides to go. They meet no resistance going in, find a new Jedi Master and her padawan in hiding. They all go to the Sith Academy, and find… nobody. No resistance. Darth Jhalae and two of his flunkies are the only ones present, and they present Uhn Zohn to the party. The Sith claims he wanted to meet the group (previous suggestion implies he may have wanted to see Vereck, specifically). He lets the group go without confrontation. There’s a big fight against Kovarra’s forces on the way out.