Honor Among Thieves
Men, civilized men, say there is no honor among thieves. This is not so. Although they will slit a throat for a copper coin or kidnap a Brythunian noblewoman and turn her into a harem slave, thieves have a set of laws that they live by with a strange, bewildering sense of roguish nobility.
A character with ‘honor among thieves’ will:
- Respect and honor a better thief.
- Be bold.
- Share adventure, and spoils, with a worthy companion.
- Trust his instincts.
- Be ever watchful.
A character with ‘honor among thieves’ will not:
- Steal from companions with whom he has shared adventure.
- Give aid or information to the city guard or militia about his fellow thieves, even if this costs him life or freedom.
- Kill more than is necessary in the course of his thievery.
- Take employment as an assassin.