It’s finally come! You can now change things along the timeline. It’s interesting that Eagle managed to guess that the man in the sweat lodge was “Capelli,” but it certainly makes a difference that he is dead. If he’s been manipulating you, then why did he feel he needed to die? And was that always a part of his design? These questions will continue to drive the story, but you also have a new enemy. Very quickly in Volume 6 you will gain access to new rituals that will help you, such as “Chronicle View,” which will let you see more clearly into the past, present, and future so that you can identify if things change because of Chronoshifter actions. Also, what will likely be Rhode’s favorite: “Manual Chronoshift.” Don’t get the wrong idea, you won’t be able to perfectly travel through time. After all, it would be dumb if you did something wrong, then decided to go back in time 10 minutes and change it. However, you will have free reign over your travels from this point forward.
Some things to look forward to:
- Some of the biggest questions in the game will come to a head. One of these letters may not even be neccessary going into Volume 7, because by the end of Volume 6, you should have a good idea of what your characters want to accomplish in this story.
- Every flash we’ve ever done will be free territory for Aiden to see thanks to the Seer Sigil. This means that the individuals of Arcadia’s government (people devoted to Number Six), will become great enemies of the party almost immediately. Also, the flashes of Vol. 5, Ch. 5, will be very heavy on the minds of your characters.
- Your last set of flashes will be used coming in Volume 6. Bear this in mind when designing them.
- The Agents of Arcadia and the angel named Grave will be the primary antagonists of Volume 6. No more “behind the scenes” stuff for them. They’re in the foreground now.
- The entity which spoke to Deriphem in apparent guise of Delrim will also quickly make its goals known. After all, Delrim isn’t the quietest of individuals.
Here is a scene as a teaser for this Volume. It takes place prior to 627 CE, obviously.
“Isaac Harken stood by the slowly flowing River of Kalash, alone. He stared off pensively, in the same manner Cyrus did when recollecting his visions. He calmly addressed Allen who approached from behind. Asking what was the matter, as Allen looked distressed, Allen informed him that he had just been informed that Cyrus would die. Isaac opened his eyes and turned to Allen, asking if that would be an issue. Allen seemed impossibly frantic, until Isaac told him,
‘I would say that things will never be the same, but the truth is that they are always the same. It is what we strive for. You will have difficulties, but I know you can overcome them. I cannot tell you what is right or wrong or whether all of this is worth it. But perhaps, one day, you will come to understand what I mean when I say that I believe in all of you. This world is in your hands… more than you can possibly understand.’"
Translation of the title:
“Nos Mos Muto Nostrum Fatum” = “We Can Change Our Destiny”
Good luck making history,