The Irryllian Empire
- The Irryllian homeland lies to the south/southwest of the city-states. It is mostly subtropical/Mediterranean in climate.
- It is quickest reached by ships sailing west then south from Ironport for about 800 miles or a week’s sailing to the cityport of Whalesong at the edge of the Irryllian homeland.
- Total population is about 50 million, 30 million of whom live in the homeland, the rest in distant provinces and colonies such as the City-States of the Sorquos region.
- Current ruler is Emperor Voraxis III, of the royal house Julianus.
- The capital is Eldiss, with a population of 500,000, about 1700 miles due south of Delliron.
- There are numerous other colonies and provinces, many of which are more populous than the City-States.
- The Empire has lasted for 2500 years, but has fluctuated in both size and culture.
- The Empire is not entirely stable. There are a number of dukes and archdukes with tenuous claims to the Imperial throne and large power bases.
- The army is basically feudal, most of them loyal to the noblemen who in turn owe allegiance to the Emperor. Only a quarter of the troops and officers are directly loyal to the Emperor.