Transcribed by Bradford(Lanodantheon)
February 10, 2013
In the basement of the Youngblood Estate Jack Youngblood, Zeke Einar, Ryan Delmont and Leif Wotenson had Chronomancer Fitzgerald Kennedy dead-to-writes inside of the Magic Circle built into the floor with all of his magical tools taken away. As Zeke left the room to protect himself from learning too much, Fitzgerald yelled at him to try to get Zeke to take action. He yelled at Zeke that he could save Karolynn by making a choice. Zeke had no comment as Osamu pushed him upstairs.
Before Fitzgerald’s mandatory execution for breaking the Laws of Magic, Leif decided to cast a Truth-Compelling Spell courtesy of his non-Mortal Magic so they could get some answers. The party grilled Fitzgerald for a while, getting his True Name and confirmed several facts for the party:
1. Fitzgerald’s only goal in the next few days was to save his daughter. Everything else be damned. He believed himself to have been blessed with Chronomancy by God and that his mission was to right the ways of existence. In other words, Fitzgerald was totally whacked. Beyond redemption Sword bait.
2. Fitzgerald admitted that if he escaped he would go to the predesignated point near the Arctic Club in two days and cast a spell that would further destabilize the Time Stream. For a short window during the Bloody Thursday Riot the ability to alter the flow of Time would be increased. During that window, Fitzgerald would do anything his power to persuade Zeb to save his Daughter in the future and if that didn’t work he would kill him. After three sunrises the spell would end and take them back to the present more or less.
3. Contrary to previous schemes from Mr. Nobody, Fitzgerald had thought this time-travel plan all the way through which is why the time travelers had such precise itineraries. Mr. N had recruited Fitzgerald shortly after Karolynn’s funeral when he discovered his own power and had been grooming him when his empire was dismantled. Because of this and Fitzgerald’s experience as a Professor and a Coach, Fitzgerald convinced the others to segment their plans and tightly control information about each other’s roles and motives in the scheme. That way if one person was captured they wouldn’t be able to give away the whole scheme.
4. Trey Wellington had come back to spite the Youngblood Family, but other than that Fitzgerald knew nothing about what exactly his henchmen were going to do because of their strategy.
5. Mr. N’s motives for the spell were also a mystery to Fitzgerald because of their strategy. However, he indicated that to get the Ritual off the ground in a short amount of Time Mr. N had called in every favor he had and had wracked up a debt from a big sponsor. While he was back in 1934, Mr. Nobody would be paying off his debt in some fashion.
6. Fitzgerald confirmed the numbers of the Time Travelers: Mr. Nobody, his Physician Dr. Kokanos, 6 henchmen, Trey Wellington, 6 of his henchmen and himself. Mr. N and the others were supposed to rendezvous that night and then again on Day 3 for the main event at the Arctic Club.
All the while, both Leif and Ryan seemed attracted to Fitzgerald’s ideas to mess with time, but Jack stood stalwart. In one last arguments over his motives, Jack tried to talk down the Chronomancer. But, the Warden realized he was lost and swung his Warden’s Sword in a Coup de Grace. But, Fitzgerald had though his plan all the way through and consumed a fake tooth and vanished into Time. Jack estimated that Fitzgerald may be able to reappear but without any of his tools.
Meanwhile, on the roof Osamu kept watch. When a car parked in the driveway, Osamu dropped in to stop them. The car it turned out belonged to John Youngblood, Sr (Known for now as Senior) who had just returned home from bailing his deliquent Teenage son from the local jail for drunk and disorderly…again. Osamu’s greeting almost met with decapitation from the Warden’s Cavalry Saber but Osamu managed to get the Wizard to listen to reason. He gave Senior Youngblood the code Old Zeb have given them and soulgazed him as a sign of trust.
Osamu Saw a japanese painting in motion. The Youngblood legacy born in the blood of cousins during the American Civil War. He Saw Senior Youngblood leaving behind the trail of blood for a new life in a new state.
The Soulgaze worked and Senior did as instructed keeping himself out of the basement and talked to Zeke about what the hell was going on. Senior told his apprentice that he was going out for a drink and that when he got back that the people in the basement would be gone. Senior left, but Teenage Junior stumbled drunk down the stairs. Baring the family’s ghost sight he saw the Spirit of his older self standing before him. He waved. Ghost Dad waved back. Then Junior tottered back upstairs to sleep off his hangover and the “Good party”.
Osamu regrouped with the others and they decided to Gumshoe around for some answers. The Arctic Club as it turned out was not only a high-end nightclub downtown owned by various supernatural powers in the city but was designated as Accorded Neutral Territory. Whatever was happening there the day after tomorrow would be big.
The party followed reports from Zeke’s friends and the ghosts around town to find where Mr. Nobody and his goons appeared in the past and then apparently took wing and fly away towards Hooverville. In Hooverville, they found the homebase Osamu had discovered empty by only a few minutes. They found files that had been left behind by goons indicating John Senior was a Target and that they still needed the Eyes of a Wizard for Mr. N’s new body.
The party jumped into Zeke’s car and drove like a bat out of hell at 40mph. Leif hauled even more ass on his bike, Jack riding on back as they pulled up to the Cauldron, John Senior’s favorite drinking hole. The humor of saying “Come with me if you want to live” was lost in the direness of the situation as they tried to convince John Senior to run like hell. Then two invisible foes snatched him off the ground and knocked the Warden out in a single blow…
The Winged Goons had Glamours and powerful ones. But Jack had Air Magic and almost lost control of a mighty spell but grounded their asses. Leif pulled a fire extinguisher out of the Duffle bag he had prepared before travelling back in time and sprayed the veiled demons with glitter. The winged Glitter Demons ran like hell down the street to try to out run two guys on a motorcycle. Leif threw a spear at the one carrying Senior, forcing him to drop the hostage. Jack acted quickly and put his Grandfather into a Force Bubble to protect him from the Prosthanos Thugs.
As the rest of the party arrived in Zeke’s car, the Prothanos Glitter Demons decided then to change tactics. They used their Glamours to turn themselves into Little old Ladies in the middle of the night crowds, put the illusion of guns in the hands of their opponents and called for the police. Osamu tried to press the attack, but the demons dodged his martial arts. One of them punched Leif’s bike, causing the 1934 Indian to limp like the horse it was.
The Police arrived and pointed their machineguns at the men obviously carrying guns and punching little old ladies with them. Then Leif put his power into one big Counterspell, undoing the Veil. The police saw the Giltter demons and pumped them full of lead. The Prothanos thugs managed to fly away but not before getting their wings permanently clipped by machinegun fire.
They got John Senior up off the ground and drove him home. Having just taken a blow to the head it is doubtful he saw the faces of the Ghost that looked like an older version of his no good son or the face of Jack who stayed as far away from his ancestor s possible as they drove him back home. Behind them, fate it seemed was on their side as Leif had managed to convince the night crowd that they were the heroes…