This is a Combat Encounter in the Seventh Adventure of the Girli n Glass campaign.
Encounter Level (XP)
- 5 Wild Dog
- 3 Northman Warrior
- 1 Northman Shaman
Read Aloud Text
As you are exploring the ruined area the shrill sound of barking suddenly erupts and half a dozen small but ferocious dogs suddenly roil out of the woods and attack followed by a flight of throwing axes and then some screaming northmen.
The wild dogs leap in and attempt to drag down a single foe concentrating their attacks while the Warriors hurl a brace of axes and then charge in on their own.
The Shaman calls down the wrath of the northern spirits attempting to freeze as many foes as possible and then singles out enemies with range attacks.
The wild eyed northmen fight doggedly until the end and have no reinforcements or retreat plan.
Features of Area
The ruins make for difficult terrain with rocks in many places.
The northmen only carry their weapons and a light amount of treasure and have no purpose in the area other than religious and assault orientated.
- The wild dogs have no treasure
- A handful of iron coins (2), two lightweight iron throwing axes (5), a thick wooden shield (3), heavy, fur lined hide armor (12), and ivory flask (4) filled with a translucent liquor that is both strong and tasteless.
- A handful of iron coins (2), two lightweight iron throwing axes (5), a thick wooden shield (3), heavy, fur lined hide armor (12), and an iron necklace (18) with a lightning bolt pendant carved from the tusk of a seal.
- A handful of iron coins (2), two lightweight iron throwing axes (5), a thick wooden shield (3), heavy, fur lined hide armor (12), and an ivory cut pair of throwing dice (8).
- An ivory disc (8) with a lightning bolt motif and the face of a heavily bearded man on the obverse, a thick seal skin jacket (25), heavy leather boots with a thick linings (5), and a small iron dagger (4) with a blade like a jagged lightning bolt.