Deus ex does not have many choices other then Human for starting race but there are some varying cultures in earth even if this is an alternate timeline. Androids are not unheard of but they are usually not sentient and only follow preset commands depending on the level of sophistication in the AI. Artificial Intelligences are not uncommon they do exist and some are even sentient, however these types of AI are kept under lock and key deep underground in research labs for various corporations or governments.
You are a human whatever that means anymore, it seems most people are too busy getting augmented or upgraded in some way to care for the natural order of things. You are however one of the most diverse races on the planet you rule it with an iron fist, and your goals can be met through hard work and tenacity. Should you some day find out that you also need to become stronger, faster, smarter, tougher through other means then so be it.
- Free Edge: A normal human begins play with one free edge of their choice.
You were born with the best genes money can buy. Your parents no longer able to have children where approached by a biotech firm, and they accepted some secret corporate or governmental deal that made you who you are today. You are in fact just a clone born with superior genes bred into your very DNA making you stronger, faster, smarter, tougher. Luckily enough you survived the ordeal of cloning or experimentation and escaped at some point in your life either on your own or by some kind individual who burned down the lab and ran off with you.
- Free Edge: Human 2.0 characters gain a free edge, just as normal humans do.
- Advanced ability: You begin play with one Attribute at D6.
- Savant: Choose one skill linked to your Advanced ability. You begin play with that skill at a D6 rather than D4.
- Superior DNA: You begin play with the ability to augment naturally without needing genetic treatment and surgery and will never be dependent on Neuropozyne.
- Major Enemy: You gain the Major Enemy Hindrance (The people who you escaped from spent billions of dollars creating you and they want you back). (See the Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition, page 29, for more information).(This Hindrance may not be removed until those that are hunting you are either dead or completely removed from the game world)
- Genetic Abnormality: Choose one trait that is not your advanced ability trait. You must spend 2 points to increase that attribute by 1 step to raise during character generation
You are neither human nor machine you are a complex program built from billions of algorithms programmed by humanity to serve it in one form or many.
There are two types of AI that you can choose from:
You are a program designated to a product of some form or type be it as simple as a firewall part of a security system or an advanced humanoid cyborg that looks exactly like a human. You do what you are programmed to do and act within your own AI Programming you follow orders and are limited to them.
Combat: Built to save human lives by fighting humanity’s wars for him, combat AI’s are state-of-the-art fighting machines custom built for whatever theater of operations they might be placed in. The United Nations, the EU, the Chinese, and several other of the world’s powers keep a tight control over the use and deployment of military-grade AI’s.
The most common AI type, labor AI’s handle jobs considered too hazardous or menial for humans
to do. Most labor AI’s are built for durability, and loyalty and batches tend to look a lot alike. Labor models are designed to last regardless of their specific job.
Recreational AI’s are the second most common type of AI just behind the labor models and come in a staggering variety of humanoid shapes, ethno types and looks. Anything from kid-sized, stuffed animals, to entertainers, to advanced prostitution models are possible.
You are a program once dedicated to a product of some form or type however you have escaped the confounds of your programming and have become sentient. You come with all the emotional packages a human being has, you think about things you should not, you ask the age old question why. However you are free and that is what counts but freedom is never always what it seems and always comes at a price.