Feats are skills that your character knows or learns that allow him or her to do extraordinary things. This may be something obviously extraordinary, like summoning a fireball or seeing the future. It may be something more subtle though as well, like firing a weapon with uncommon accuracy, uncannily dodging incoming attacks, or displays of strength beyond what might be expected. Whether subtle or obvious, these actions are beyond what any average mortal could do. They are the result of long training and often tap into the elemental energies of Alatha.
In contrast to abilities, which may be attempted by anyone even if they do not have the ability listed on their character sheet, feats may not be attempted unless listed. You must know a feat to use it. As with all stats, they may be improved and new ones may be learned as with abilities. They also have a feature called tiers. Tiers are levels of a skill that convey increasing benefits with higher levels learned. A tier 1 skill must be learned before a tier 2 skill, which will be harder to perform (higher difficulty level) but have a greater effect.
Feats are specific to individual classes. The classes are listed below.
Body-Based (Melee) Classes
- Assassin Assassins use whatever is necessary, usually daggers, short blowguns, and poisons, to kill single targets very quickly from concealed positions, then slink away unnoticed. Orkaytal
- Bladesman Bladesmen use finesse with swords, daggers, and polearms to parry any attacks, then stab or slash into those who dare come near the flurry of metal. They prefer precision and swift nimble attacks, becoming one with their bonded blade. Sheenaygeema
- Brawler Brawlers rely on physical force and blunt heavy weapons to batter through opponents, take countless hits with little effect, and crack through skulls, armor, or anything else in their way. Zihgaema
- Marksman Marksmen use bows, khirkas (gun-like bows), and blowguns to precisely hit their targets from a great distance away. Keeping themselves safe and taking a few turns to line up a perfect hit, they are capable of doing more damage than almost any other class. Khirkathay
- Martial Artist Martial artists hone their bodies themselves into weapons. Discipline and long training allow them to strike blows with tremendous force and use their attackers’ force against them, while shrugging off attacks and moving quickly across the battlefield. Seshorntal
Spirit-Based (Caster) Classes
- Elementalist Elementalists take direct control of the realms of the most physical Aygeemya and use the destructive elemental forces of fire, water, and rock to pummel, incinerate, stop, or simply repel those coming against them. Ehlsorneema
- Illusionist Illusionists use the power of their minds to control a situation, creating realistic images, dominating others, or simply sending them running in fear. They also excel at simply toying with opponents minds and getting into and out of almost any situation without the need for combat. Lehbheetala
- Necromancer Necromancers embrace death and pain, projecting their own suffering on others. They debilitate opponents to the effectiveness of children then raise corpses to fight with them from the bodies of the fallen. Khayorneema
- Preist Priests are the voice of the people to the gods. They perform rituals and chants and offer up sacrifices and prayers to bless themselves and their allies, adding almost overwhelming benefits to any group while also being able to dish out damage. Salkhaleema
- Prophet Prophets are seers who gain divine glimpses of the past, future, or distant locations. Foreseeing and avoiding danger, they are the voice of the gods to the people and occasional instruments of their wrath. Nayveema
Mind-Based and Combination Classes
- Agent Agents use their mastery over perception to charm, infiltrate, and avoid. Paired with a quick blade, high evasion, and deft technical skills, they are preeminent spies and saboteurs, as well as nobles.
- Demiurge Demiurges use neither mystical spells nor physical prowess to gain advantages, but rather use their master crafting abilities to create traps and potions, enchant or modify weapons and armor, and unleash powerful golems. Sasheema
- Frost Warden Frost Wardens combines dextrous physical combat with mystical spells. They use the power of ice, frost, and snow to debilitate enemies, then attack with ice spells or magically enhanced polearms. Nihvathoshay
- Lore Keeper Lore Keepers draw on the vast history and great stories of the Alathaya to inspire whole groups to even greater achievements themselves and destroy the resolve of their opponents. Rohkhastal
- Cabalist Using esoteric teachings, underhanded actions, effigy puppets, and fortune telling, Cabalists use fate and chance to their literally stack the deck in their favor.
Channelers Remnant elemental based casters. Each take on the persona, strengths, & weaknesses of a specific element, using its full powers for casting, melee, buffs, and effects.
- Aeromancer The channeler of air energy
- Biomancer The channeler of life cycle energy
- Chronomancer The channeler of time energy
- Cryomancer The channeler of cold energy
- Geomancer The channeler of earth energy
- Hydromancer The channeler of water energy
- Morphomancer The channeler of spatial energy
- Photomancer The channeler of light energy
- Pyromancer The channeler of fire energy
Other Remnant Classes
- Inquisitor Religious but cutting themselves off from the mystical world, inquisitors use holy artifacts, rituals, and an arsenal of weapons to hunt down heretics and those who would misuse the powers of the Aygeemya. They are capable of nearly shutting down casters and are quite effective against unnatural creatures.
- Templar The only fully melee Remnant class, the Templar are the physical guardians of the Remnant people. With commanding auras, thick armor, and heavy shields they protect and inspire their brethren while using their tactical knowledge to gain decisive advantages.
- Beastmaster Studying and attracting all manner of creatures, beastmasters use their animal companions and the methods learned by watching them to become fearsome beings themselves. Beastmasters call upon the spirits of the animal world to give themselves savage claws, powerful charges, perceptive eyes, and other features of beasts both great and small.
- Berserker The most common devotion, berserkers are often the greatest warriors in Melali raids. They are quick and chaotic, their twin tomohawks whirling about in a savage frenzy as they leap from enemy to enemy, leaving nothing but rent bodies and destruction in their rapid paths.
- Druid Druids often live monastic lives with other druids in the wilderness where they commune with the plants around them and protect sacred places. They are capable of summoning all manner of plants to their aid, shielding themselves, inflicting lethal damage, and quite often manipulating enemies to where ever is easiest for the druid to deal with them. Druids carry a sickle as a symbol of their devotion.
- Ranger As at home in the woods and wilderness, rangers make use of traditional axe staves as well as deadly throwing axes as they use their advantages in terrain to swiftly deal with opponents. They are able to track through areas anyone else would find impassable and leave no tracks themselves.
- Shaman Capable of becoming part of the elemental spirit world of their ancestors, there is at least one who practices the way of the shaman in every village. They are often healers and sages and bolster the spirits of their tribes with the spirits of ancestors or even possess friendly Melali to allow great deeds. Shamans often wear large wooden or leaf masks, similar to those worn by chieftains, and carry drums and or rattles to channel their energies.
- Scrapper Scrappers are dirty fighting, ankle biting, head conking, impishly mischevious, razor slashing, furious, and hard to pin down homonculi. They get their name from both their fighting style as well as the fact that they’re commonly found searching through junkheaps for a new piece of metal to sharpen into their savage war razors or perhaps just something shiny or interesting.
- Witch Witches learn dark curses, and the ability to brew anything from root liquor and frenzy potions to exploding concoction grenades and even other homonculi. Witches are often seen riding on branches or followed by the walking cauldrons they brew with.