Hey folks. This is the wiki where all sorts of information will be stored. Essentially, everything other than characters and the adventures themselves will be detailed here. Or to put it in the words you know from studying narrative form in school, every story has three elements: setting, characters, and plot. Plot goes in the adventure log tab, characters go under the characters tab, and all the information about the setting, the world of Alatha and everything in it, goes here. I am going to keep the info at the bottom for how to edit a wiki, but you can also see everything on the right in the sidebar when working on stuff. Let me know what you’ve done and I’ll throw some bewaya your way.
- Aygeema/Archons The deities of Alatha
- Magic An elemental world
- Larantha The divine element
- Alathans The most populous race
- Council The Southern Alathans
- Northern Empire The Northern Alathans
- Remnant The eldest race
- Melali The plant race
- Homonculi The chaotic race
- Other Creatures The other beings of Alatha
- World Map and Geography Info about the planet itself
- Adventuring A life outside the village
- Adventurer’s Guild An organization for heroes, explorers, mercenaries, and fortune-hunters
- Clans Groups within the Adventurer’s Guild
- :: Guild Quartermaster
:: Hands of Kiorro Clan Vault/Group & Quest Items
:: Hands of Kiorro Clan Hall
:: Liquid Clan Vault
:: Sacred Few Clan Vault
- Basics All the parts of a character sheet, explained in brief
- Stats Stats consist of Attributes and their accompanying Abilities and Feats
- Attributes The ratings and divisions of Mind, Body, & Spirit
- Abilities The generic skills your character knows
- Feats The class-based skills your character knows
- Psyche The personality of your character: Beliefs, Traits, Spheres/Factions, & Description
- Beliefs The core values and ideas of your character
- Traits The distinctive characteristics of your character
- Spheres and Factions The groups your character identifies with
- Descriptions A short paragraph about your character
Actions: Just exactly what can and can’t you do
- Timing and Initiative The steps and order of a round
- Multiple Action Penalty Why you can’t do it all at once
- Rituals Time heavy casting
Movement Where, when, and how fast can you go? Characters & Vehicles
Key Terms Basic role-playing vocabulary
Combat Rules for a fight
- Attacking How to do damage and what and when to roll for it.
- Defending How to dodge, parry, and otherwise avoid damage
- Damage The rules and chart for gettin hurt
- Healing The rules and guidelines for gettin better
- Buffs and Debuffs Helps and hindrances, bonuses, status effects, impairments, etc
- Death So you died… now what?
- Modifiers and Options A few extras, hit locations, called shots, grappling, size charts, etc
Feats and Classes
Class Intro to Feats & Classes, Key Skills, Passives
Classes by Raceh4. Alathan Classes
Body-Based (Melee) Classes
- Assassin Assassins use whatever is necessary, usually daggers, short blowguns, and poisons, to kill single targets very quickly from concealed positions, then slink away unnoticed. Orkaytal
- Bladesman Bladesmen use finesse with swords, daggers, and polearms to parry any attacks, then stab or slash into those who dare come near the flurry of metal. They prefer precision and swift nimble attacks, becoming one with their bonded blade. Sheenaygeema
- Brawler Brawlers rely on physical force and blunt heavy weapons to batter through opponents, take countless hits with little effect, and crack through skulls, armor, or anything else in their way. Zihgaema
- Marksman Marksmen use bows, khirkas (gun-like bows), and blowguns to precisely hit their targets from a great distance away. Keeping themselves safe and taking a few turns to line up a perfect hit, they are capable of doing more damage than almost any other class. Khirkathay
- Martial Artist Martial artists hone their bodies themselves into weapons. Discipline and long training allow them to strike blows with tremendous force and use their attackers’ force against them, while shrugging off attacks and moving quickly across the battlefield. Seshorntal
Spirit-Based (Caster) Classes
- Elementalist Elementalists take direct control of the realms of the most physical Aygeemya and use the destructive elemental forces of fire, water, and rock to pummel, incinerate, stop, or simply repel those coming against them. Ehlsorneema
- Illusionist Illusionists use the power of their minds to control a situation, creating realistic images, dominating others, or simply sending them running in fear. They also excel at simply toying with opponents minds and getting into and out of almost any situation without the need for combat. Lehbheetala
- Necromancer Necromancers embrace death and pain, projecting their own suffering on others. They debilitate opponents to the effectiveness of children then raise corpses to fight with them from the bodies of the fallen. Khayorneema
- Preist Priests are the voice of the people to the gods. They perform rituals and chants and offer up sacrifices and prayers to bless themselves and their allies, adding almost overwhelming benefits to any group while also being able to dish out damage. Salkhaleema
- Prophet Prophets are seers who gain divine glimpses of the past, future, or distant locations. Foreseeing and avoiding danger, they are the voice of the gods to the people and occasional instruments of their wrath. Nayveema
Mind-Based and Combination Classes
- Agent Agents use their mastery over perception to charm, infiltrate, and avoid. Paired with a quick blade, high evasion, and deft technical skills, they are preeminent spies and saboteurs, as well as nobles.
- Demiurge Demiurges use neither mystical spells nor physical prowess to gain advantages, but rather use their master crafting abilities to create traps and potions, enchant or modify weapons and armor, and unleash powerful golems. Sasheema
- Frost Warden Frost Wardens combines dextrous physical combat with mystical spells. They use the power of ice, frost, and snow to debilitate enemies, then attack with ice spells or magically enhanced polearms. Nihvathoshay
- Lore Keeper Lore Keepers draw on the vast history and great stories of the Alathaya to inspire whole groups to even greater achievements themselves and destroy the resolve of their opponents. Rohkhastal
- Cabalist Using esoteric teachings, underhanded actions, effigy puppets, and fortune telling, Cabalists use fate and chance to their literally stack the deck in their favor.
Remnant elemental based casters. Each take on the persona, strengths, & weaknesses of a specific element, using its full powers for casting, melee, buffs, and effects.
- Aeromancer The channeler of air energy
- Biomancer The channeler of life cycle energy
- Chronomancer The channeler of time energy
- Cryomancer The channeler of cold energy
- Geomancer The channeler of earth energy
- Hydromancer The channeler of water energy
- Morphomancer The channeler of spatial energy
- Photomancer The channeler of light energy
- Pyromancer The channeler of fire energy
Other Remnant Classes
- Inquisitor Religious but cutting themselves off from the mystical world, inquisitors use holy artifacts, rituals, and an arsenal of weapons to hunt down heretics and those who would misuse the powers of the Aygeemya. They are capable of nearly shutting down casters and are quite effective against unnatural creatures.
- Templar The only fully melee Remnant class, the Templar are the physical guardians of the Remnant people. With commanding auras, thick armor, and heavy shields they protect and inspire their brethren while using their tactical knowledge to gain decisive advantages.
- Beastmaster Studying and attracting all manner of creatures, beastmasters use their animal companions and the methods learned by watching them to become fearsome beings themselves. Beastmasters call upon the spirits of the animal world to give themselves savage claws, powerful charges, perceptive eyes, and other features of beasts both great and small.
- Berserker The most common devotion, berserkers are often the greatest warriors in Melali raids. They are quick and chaotic, their twin tomohawks whirling about in a savage frenzy as they leap from enemy to enemy, leaving nothing but rent bodies and destruction in their rapid paths.
- Druid Druids often live monastic lives with other druids in the wilderness where they commune with the plants around them and protect sacred places. They are capable of summoning all manner of plants to their aid, shielding themselves, inflicting lethal damage, and quite often manipulating enemies to where ever is easiest for the druid to deal with them. Druids carry a sickle as a symbol of their devotion.
- Ranger As at home in the woods and wilderness, rangers make use of traditional axe staves as well as deadly throwing axes as they use their advantages in terrain to swiftly deal with opponents. They are able to track through areas anyone else would find impassable and leave no tracks themselves.
- Shaman Capable of becoming part of the elemental spirit world of their ancestors, there is at least one who practices the way of the shaman in every village. They are often healers and sages and bolster the spirits of their tribes with the spirits of ancestors or even possess friendly Melali to allow great deeds. Shamans often wear large wooden or leaf masks, similar to those worn by chieftains, and carry drums and or rattles to channel their energies.
- Scrapper Scrappers are dirty fighting, ankle biting, head conking, impishly mischevious, razor slashing, furious, and hard to pin down homonculi. They get their name from both their fighting style as well as the fact that they’re commonly found searching through junkheaps for a new piece of metal to sharpen into their savage war razors or perhaps just something shiny or interesting.
- Witch Witches learn dark curses, and the ability to brew anything from root liquor and frenzy potions to exploding concoction grenades and even other homonculi. Witches are often seen riding on branches or followed by the walking cauldrons they brew with.
- Zoarch Declared Heretics after losing in the great schism, the few remaining Zoarchs practice their bio-modification and evolutionary magics in hiding.
- Nechrarch Created from a combination of Necromancy and Zoarchy, nechrarchy manipulates the powers of pestulance, plagues, and corruption.
Improving Characters Leveling your character
- Equipment Price guides and basic stats for most items
- Pets/Mounts Animal companions
- Materials and Item Modifications Physical modifications and upgrades, material stats
- Imbuances Magical modifications and upgrades
- Alchemy Potions and such
Landmarks/Features: Mount Neheli
To get you started, here are some examples of what you can do with the wiki. To see how these work, edit this page and take a look.
Creating a new page
To create a new page, just make a name and surround it with double square brackets like so: A New Page. When you save the page, the link will show up and you can click on it to create the new page.
Linking to existing pages
To link to existing pages, use the same double square brackets. For example, here’s a link to the this page: Main Page
Linking to a page with different text
If you don’t want to use the page’s name as the link text, you can specify your own text by placing a vertical bar | and the link text in the link like so: The Text To Display
Linking to characters and items
To link to a character or item, use the same double square brackets, but also use a colon. The text to put in the brackets is the slug for the character. Here is an example:
If your character has no slug, you can use the ID number, like so:.
For PCs and NPCs in your campaign, you can just use the PC/NPC Link Lookup in the sidebar to the right. It’s quite handy!
Linking to characters and items with different text
Just like wiki links, it’s possible to link to a character or item using alternate text. Here’s an example:
HTML and Textile
To style things how you want, you can use either HTML (with some restrictions) or a simple formatting language called Textile. It’s up to you, but Textile is pretty easy, while simultaneously allowing for lots of customization.