Character Creation Information
Roll 4d6, drop the lowest, apply stats to your preference, max HP at first level, random starting gold.
We’re not tracking encumbrance immediately until I feel more comfortable with the rules.
If human, pick three primary attributes, if non-human, pick two primary attributes. One of your chosen attributes must match the class you choose.
When rolling against an attribute (saving throws, perception, etc.) you roll a d20, add your attribute modifier, your level, and any bonus/penalty I may apply (sometimes I don’t reveal this.) If the attribute is a primary, the total result must be higher than 12, 18 otherwise.
|Dwarf||+1 CON, -1 DEX|
|Elf||+1 DEX, -1 CON|
|Gnome||+1 INT, -1 STR|
|Half-Elves(Human)||Choose a secondary attribute and get a +2 to checks using it|
|Half-Elves(Elf)||+1 DEX, -1 CON|
|Halfling||+1 DEX, -1 STR|
|Half-Orc||+1 CON, +1 STR, -2 CHR|
Your hit points are maxed at 1st level, and rolled for every level afterwards (CON modifier applies at every level.) You have the option of taking your roll or mine, my roll remains unseen until you choose, and you can’t change your mind.
For the rolls you have the option of rolling at the game or using
For hit points, you can use the same form (just use the first three stats for the roll) and let me know if you would like any of them re-rolled. Or you can roll hit points at the game.
You may also pick a deity (I have the book), which can give you a special ability.
Rules of the Game
Your attack rolls are D20+BtH+STR for Melee and D20+BtH+DEX for Ranged. A 20 is an automatic hit double damage, there are not critical misses, nor any rolls to confirm critical hit.
- Getting up from prone and attacking: -2 to attack roll
- Upper level spell slots can be filled with lower level spells.
- While engaged in combat, you are allowed a 5’ step staying adjacent to the enemy, anything else is considered disengaging from combat.
Optional Rules in Use
- All Combat Maneuvers (see clarifications)
- Flanking — on a square grid, characters to the left or right of the enemy engaged in combat get the flanking bonus
- Facing – Because the optional rules are used above, we will be using the implied facing rules. Facing can be altered as a free action.
- Initiative is rolled every round (I’ve failed to uphold this rule, so I may drop it.)
The following pages have information that you’ve gathered during the session
- Botkinburg – Cast of Characters
- Malforten – Cast of Characters