Something is in the air and everyone seems to be talking about it. People seem to disagree, sometimes violently, about what “it” is, however. Some are saying the end of the world is coming, and several spontaneous “doom and gloom” demonstrations have erupted spontaneously in various parts of The City over the last few days. Most of these have been dispersed peacefully by the City Watch, but a few have turned violent according to the rumors.
The Temples seem to be vehemently denying any rumors of the end of the world, though there seems to be an inordinate amount of priestly traffic back and forth to the Great Temple of Bahamut whose priests, counter to the trend, have remained publicly silent on the topic.
On the other side of the coin seem to be those who feel a strangely buoyant sense of hope. Everyone seems to differ on the source of these feelings, but many point to rumors out of such disparate parts of The City as the Towers and Traders’ Gate of signs that things are changing.
Most of the citizens seem to be caught somewhere between expectation and dread, with no one certain where it will go from here…
The invites are out, and it’s time to get busy creating!
There are a few rules, however:
- If you come up with a new, totally awesome idea that directly contradicts something that’s already been written by myself or someone else, discuss it with me first before posting it to the wiki.
- If you idea would best be kept secret from the “group” (because yes, you are also my pool of potential players), email the idea to me.
- Characters in the Character section should be limited to PCs or NPCs that are alive at the start of the campaign. If the character is a historical one, make a regular wiki page about them.
…and a few tips:
- The tags “needs work” or “needs image” are specific places that I’ve identified that I feel should have more detail, but that I haven’t come up with anything for yet. Feel free to search for these if you are looking for something to do (though don’t feel constrained by them) you can add detail to other areas as well. Also feel free to use these tags yourself, if you think something you’ve written lacks an appropriate amount of detail.
- Tags in the character and wiki sections do not currently carry across sections. In other words if you select the “Nok’Ti’Goth” tag in characters you will only get the characters tagged with that tag and not also the wiki pages with that tag. I consider that an annoyance at best and a bug at worst, but for now just be aware of it. (If you dislike it as much as I do, put in a service request for OP to change it.)
- Links for which there are no pages yet are also great places to start.
…and finally a little miscellanea:
I know some of you are not experienced with the GURPS rules, but don’t let that hold you back if you want to describe a cool new character, creature, item or race. Just give me the description with some great fluff and as much or as little crunch as your experience with the system allows. I’ll take care of the rest.