Dark Sun Former Ranger Shaman
Deoch the Wanderer, level 8
Companion Spirit: Stalker Spirit
Background: Sea of Dust, Pivotal Event – You Die (+2 to Endurance)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 8.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 8.
AC: 20 Fort: 18 Reflex: 19 Will: 22
HP: 60 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 15
Stealth +10, Perception +14, Nature +14, Insight +14, Heal +14, Athletics +10
Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +7, History +7, Intimidate +3, Religion +7, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5
Human: Warrior of the Wild
Level 1: Vigorous Spirit
Level 2: Melee Training (Wisdom)
Level 4: Shared Healing Spirit
Level 6: Implement Expertise (Totem)
Level 8: Mobile Spirit
Bonus At-Will Power: Voice of Battle
Shaman at-will 1: Watcher’s Strike
Shaman encounter 1: Ironbreaker Claws
Shaman daily 1: Wrath of the Spirit World
Shaman utility 2: Bonds of the Clan
Shaman encounter 3: Spirit Hunt
Shaman daily 5: Wind of Pain and Succor
Shaman utility 6: Hearth Spirit
Shaman encounter 7: Call to the Blood Dancer
Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Belt Pouch (empty), Flint and Steel, Silk Rope (50 ft.), Torch, Waterskin, Trail Rations (10), Totem, Leather Armor, Longspear
Deoch remembers little from the day he first died. Vividly, he remembers watching his hands melt away while the smell of rotting flesh permeated the desert air, and he can still hear the shriek of terror emitted by his companion beast Sidach. He knows that it was a defiler that pursued and hunted him through the wastes, but cannot recall its motive. A few flashes of memory erupt in his sleep: a glowing eye; a flowing blood red cloak; unrecognizable words. These memories have not led anywhere, and are of no use. Deoch still searches for cause of his death.
Deoch does remember the day he was reborn. He awoke on the barren desert floor covered in water, even though there was no spring or oasis for miles. As he sat up, he saw the incorporeal form of Sidach watching over him. He did not fully comprehend his situation, but was overcome with an understanding that he had been redeemed by the elemental water that dwelled in the sands. Deoch wants to understand the reason for his redemption.
Deoch is a tall, gaunt human male. At first glance, every person he meets notices his eyes. Deoch has deep blue eyes, the color of water. His skin, where exposed to the sun, has a burnt reddish hue. When seen in the brightest light of day, or darkest cavern, Deoch’s skin shimmers like an oasis in the desert. His eyes and skin are the only outward manifestation of his encounter with the elemental water. His dark brown hair is matted with dust from years spent wandering the wilderness. He bears the many scars of a wilderness hunter and survivor. Deoch has one particular scar behind his left ear that stretches down his neck to his shoulder, and he has no recollection of its origin.
Deoch is typically found wearing his well worn leather armor, which has been repaired many times by his own hand. He tends to cover himself in a dusty brown cloak when traveling, and will take advantage of the surrounding terrain to improvise camouflage if needed.
At all times, his spear can be found at his side. The handle of his spear has been intricately carved from an ancient tree found during his early travels, and its tip is carved from the bones of giant lizards that roam the wastes. This has allowed Deoch to utilize his spear as a totem. The little equipment that Deoch does have is carried in various pouches and in a small leather backpack.
1) Spent years wandering desert, wasteland learning and honing new powers. Learned to revere water elemental, control spirit beast, and other primal evocations. Used some of past training that could be recalled to survive.
2) Developed skills as a wandering healer. Would heal anyone he could sense as ill, or those who came to him. As a necessity in the wastelands, has attempted to grow and cultivate small natural places, gardens, oasis. Learned more healing arts from this practice.
3) Drawn to Ripple Ridge due to the spring.
4) Even though Ripple Ridge has existed for years, Deoch has only known about its existence for about 2 years. Followed an elven trader caravan that he found on his travels to the city. As they got closer to the town, Deoch could feel the spring, and hear it calling to him. However, those calls fell silent as soon as he entered the city gates.
5) Approached by a wealthy council member before he entered the city. Told of an illness in the family, and begged for help. Given provisions and necessities in exchange for treating the family’s illness. Has not found a cause or cure yet.
6) A new illness/disease began to spread shortly after Deoch’s arrival in Ripple Ridge. The disease only affects a few children and elderly, and is not widespread yet. None the less, this has cause one particular council member to suspect/blame Deoch for the disease, and claims Deoch is secretly a defiler (this particular council member is a secret defiler and Templar).
7) Has set up a small encampment on the edge of the city. Acts as a clinic for those who come to seek his treatment. Word has spread through town about Deoch’s healing powers, but not everyone in town trusts him.
Companions and Allies:
Companion spirit beast: Sidach, a loyal kirre hunter.