One-armed Brinchie majordomo nicknamed Fret
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d12, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8, Persuasion d6, Stealth d12, Survival d6, Taunt d6+2, Tracking d6, Healing d8
Pace: 8, Parry: 9, Toughness: 10, Charisma: 0
Gear: Katana d12 (Str+d6+2), Dagger d12 (Str+d4), Unarmed Strike d12 (Str), Partial Chain (+3)
- Code of Honor: Honor is key; Keeps word, won’t abuse/kill prisoners, etc.
- Needs Action: Doesn’t like it when life is slow.
- One Arm: -4 on two-handed tasks
- Outsider: Shunned foreigner; -2 Charisma except with own kind
- Phobia (of Falling into Water/Drowning): Irrational fear; -2/-4 Trait tests
- Acrobat: +2 on acrobatic maneuvers; +1 Parry if no encumbrance
- Brawny: +1 Tough; Load limit is 8 times Str
- Dodge: Attackers are -1 to hit; +1 Agility vs. area effect attacks
- First Strike: Free attack vs. foe who moves adjacent (1/turn)
- Strong Willed: +2 Intimidate and Taunt; +2 vs. Tests of Will
- Dexterous: Start with d8 Agility
- Fast: Character begins with Pace = 8.
- Flighty: Limited Attribute – Smarts
- Low Light: Ignore penalties for Dim and Dark lighting
- Natural Claws: Creature has natural claw attacks
Fret was born as Ikhernofret Gorrum into a Brinchie tribe on the southern coast of Shaintar. They were noted for manning their own fishing ships and working the seas along the coast just like the humans. Gorrum was a failure at this as he could not overcome his fear of water. Ashamed, he set off to earn his honor another way. He served for four years in the Freelands for various “Free Armies” earning his way to the rank of sergeant. He came to be known as just “Fret” as he worries over the smallest details.
The South turned out to be too quiet for his tastes and he moved north to the Wild Lands where he joined the Gray Rangers. That was ten years ago. The loss of an arm in battle took him out of the front lines so he spent some time trying to teach at Fort Jeremiah but he was too stern with his students, often refusing to allow them to return to class after a failure. The Rangers encouraged Fret to serve in another way, helping out a Lodge in the Wild Lands. He was assigned the 7th Heron Lodge in Ashton.
Fret is loyal and will do the assignment to the best of his ability. He won’t be known for tact or for coddling the Rangers under his care. He still bridles that he isn’t out helping fight the good fight.
Fret is about six feet four inches tall when he straightens fully, weighing in at a solid 280 pounds. His head most resembles that of a tiger and his fur has the typical orange with black striping. (This is common for Brinchie from the south) His left forearm ends in a scarred stump after his elbow, allow him to use the limb to carry heavy things but little more. His face always looks like it is scowling or worrying which no doubt helped give rise to his nickname.
The Brinchie are not particularly rare in Shaintar but they are widely thought to have emerged from a land of Childer (demon children) so often, people are wary and superstitious around them. Since the Brinchie are quick and often a bit chaotic in their moods, few have reason to doubt this legend.