Rebel Sidhe Scion
Wolfhound Form Skills
(+5) Superb: Discipline, Fists, Endurance
(+4) Great: Alertness, Deceit, Might
(+3) Good: Conviction, Intimidation, Lore
(+2) Fair: Athletics, Stealth, Scholarship
(+1) Average: Empathy, Investigation, Survival
- 5/1/2013 The Story of the Spell
- 4/26/2013 Poison
- April ? 2013 The Key
- 3/14/2013 Switzerland
- 3/11/2013 Fruit Enzymes
- 2/27/2013 The Wolfhound torc
- 2/26/2013 The Bridge
- 10/14/12 On Fire
- 8/17/12 Questions
- 8/10/12 The Rider
- 7/27/12 That @&$#hole There
- 7/16/12 Crazy
- 7/12/12 The Internet
- 7/10/12 Silverhand
- 5/25/12 At My Elbow
- 5/18/12 Sheep and Wolves
- 4/13/12 Wandering
- 4/13/12 I Am Me
- 3/17/11 St. Patrick’s Day
- 3/9/11 Chocolate
- 2/28/11 Sing for your Supper
- 12/28/11 Down the Drain
- 12/15/11 Digging Ditches
- 12/4/11 Clann Lir
- 10/29/11 Five for fighting
- 10/28/11 Yaochae in Chinatown
- 10/25/11 Vampires Suck
- 10/17/11 Auld Magic
- 9/23/11 Deep Ellum Busking
- 6/28/12 – Stuck in the Middle With Your, Pt. 2 – Picked up “Claws” (with caveats) and used Midseason powerup to justify morphing ‘Mortal Guise’ into ‘Mortal Form’ controlling part of his strength, raised Discipline to Superb, and the Minor to change his Trouble to Big Damn Heroes!
- 9/13/12 – Heat Makes People Crazy, Pt. 2 – bought off my Item of Power with the Refresh, raised Scholarship, and flipped Rapport and Presence (which I think more accurately reflects how I play him socially – charming/sexy/great first impression – not so much the commanding Presence).
- 7/26/12 – Stormy Weather Pt. 2 – Bought Athletics
- 10/25/12 – Easy Money Pt. 2 – Raised Resources to (+3) Good
- 4/18/13 – Hot Water 3 – Raised Resources to (+4) Great, added “International Fae of Mystery” to an Aspect
- 5/16/13 – Charade II – Gained Intimidation (+1)
- 5/17/12 – Belle of the Ball – Swapped out Intimidation (1) for Survival (0)
- 6/14/12 – Stuck in the Middle With You, Pt. 1 – Changed ‘Big Damn Heroes!’ to ‘Wyldfae Knight Errant’
- 7/12/12 – Stormy Weather Pt. 1 – Swapped out Aspect Wyldfae Knight Errant for Customs of the Fae
- 8/23/12 – Heat Makes People Crazy – “Just a Simple Country Buy” to “Lord Silverhand”
- 10/11/12 – Easy Money – 1 Refresh unused Power juggle (special case) to gain the Wolfhound Torc
- 2/21/13 – That is not my name – Flipped “Rapport” and “Deceit”
- 3/28/13 – Hot Water 1, Modded High Concept slightly “His Mothers Son (Intractable Sidhe Scion)” is now “Vagabond Noble Sidhe Scion”
- 4/11/13 – Hot Water 2
- 5/9/13 – Charade I – changed “Vagabond Noble Sidhe Scion” to “Lord Dallas, Earl of the Summer Court, Sidhe Scion”
- 5/30/13 – Queen to Big-D, Check, I – banked
Special Case Milestone
- 5/7/13 – Skill juggle when Social Stress/Presence was removed from play, plus upped to 45 Skill Points (to be a full 14/45 character).
- 11/30/11 – Malignant Motorcycle Mayhem (pt. 3) – Changed: Gained Killer Blow mortal stunt, Raised Fists to Superb, Aspect “Got His Fool Head in the Clouds” went back to “Colleens are gonna be the death of me” (this was a 3rd Significant that got upgraded: This, plus Smoker? I didn’t even know her! and In A Cowslip’s Bell I Lie)
- 12/22/11 – Bah Humbug (pt. 2) – Changed: Killer Blow “upgraded” to Supernatural Might (normally not allowed by RAW but this was a deliberately delineated “upgrade path” with Killer Blow acting as a “in between” stage), Performance raised to Great, Aspect “Fellas Call Me To Help ‘Sort Out’ Other Fellas” changed to “Big Damn Heroes”
- 3/22/12 – Kawaii Desu Yo… ne? (pt 2) – Gained Footwork, switched Athletics and Alertness, raised Rapport back to Good (this was a 3rd Significant that got upgraded: This, plus
Sidejob: A Hint of Blood, and Buffalo Clover in Winter)
- 4/12/12 – Outlaw – Upgraded Toughness to Supernatural, raised Discipline to Great, swapped out Athletics (1) with Intimidation (0)
- 9/22/11 – Smoker? I Didn’t Even Know Her! – Changed: Raised Performance to Fair
- 10/13/11 – In A Cowslip’s Bell I Lie – Changed: Raised Lore to Fair, Aspect “Got His Fool Head in the Clouds” replaced “Colleens are gonna be the death of me”
- 11/5/11 – A Hint of Blood – Changed: Raised Performance to Good
- 12/8/11 – Bah Humbug (pt. 1) – Changed: Raised Contacts to Average (This was a 3rd Minor that got upgraded to a Significant, combined with Malignant Motorcycle Mayhem 1 and 2)
- 1/12/12 – A Buffalo Clover in Winter – Changed: Resources to Fair
- 10/27/11 – Malignant Motorcycle Mayhem (pt. 1) – Changed: nothing
- 11/10/11 – Malignant Motorcycle Mayhem (pt. 2) – Changed: flipped Empathy and Athletics
- 3/8/12 – Kawaii Desu Yo …Ne? (pt. 1) – Changed: flipped Discipline and Rapport
Customs of the Fae as Tropes
My Little Black Book:
Phase One: Background
Grew up in Conemara trying to live the life of a simple farmer. As the song goes “I work my days on a Galway Farm, in the sun and rain, wind and storm.” Mom was never around, Dad did his best to raise me on his own. We didn’t have much money, Dad basically worked himself to death “for a few pints of porter and the smell of a pound.” I was the only son of Dad’s first wife, a woman he would never mention by name. When he spoke of her he’d say, “Your free spirited mother.” I grew up in a fine Catholic household with his second wife and her three kids (my two sisters… one half and the other not related by blood, and a half-brother). My education was in the public schools. My stepmother was a devout Catholic, but Dad was a Easter & Christmas Catholic. He was superstitious of the old ways though, and I think he had an old grudge against the Church. Actually, I think he was more afraid of the Síoga (Fae) and Lios (underground ringforts) than the Devil and Hell… or maybe to him they were one and the same.
Phase Two: Rising Conflict
As my step-mother was getting me ready for my Confirmation in the parish, that’s when my Dad told me “the truth” about my mother. She is a Sidhe noblewoman of Faerie and though we’re simple farmers, our blood is that of the High Kings of O’Neill… which I promptly dismissed as utter codswollop and accused Dad of hitting one too many pints with the boys again down at Pat Murphy’s pub.
I had grown up with lullabyes and songs about “evil” Sioga stealing children, wives, animals, and had lived the superstitions of old with my every breath… Due to my upbringing I was instinctively afraid of old trees, the fog, the woods and peat bogs, milk that had gone sour too soon, etc. etc. I had no illusions about the Fae of Irish Myth were benevolent “happy go lucky” pixies like Walt Disney tried to present… I wanted nothing to do with them.
Now, one thing though stuck with me about his crazy statement. “You’ve the blood of the Sidhe and the High Kings of old. Why else do you think you’ve got such a gift with folk?” … well he was right about that. I had lots of friends, sure I couldn’t think of many folk who didn’t like me. I had “girlfriends” (such as a lad with no whiskers on his bum yet could have) a plenty, especially once I took up the guitar.
Dad pushed me to take up boxing in those early years. He said a young fella like me needed to know how to fight. I knew some Travellers that had moved down from Tuam. Like most Travellers, nobody would give them the time of bloody day. Jobs were scarce for them (still are). I knew this much… Travellers could fight. Dad was willing to pay the money, I made a deal with a few of the lads… cash for fighting. I couldn’t afford to be trained by Chick Gillen or anybody famous, but I could afford a couple of the local lads. For them it was a win-win. This was back before Francie Barrett did well in the Olympic games in ‘96 and now everywhere in Ireland has a boxing school taught by a fella claiming to have Traveller blood. I discovered I’ve a knack for the bareknuckle. I hit hard. Very hard. However, we learned I didn’t have the footwork and Endurance of a pro-boxer, at least not yet. I was more like Rocky from the movies… taking and dishing pain.
Phase Three: The Story
Na Síoga Geala (“The Shining Fae” or “The Bright Fae”)
When his devout Catholic mother tries to have him Confirmed into the faith of “The White Christ”, Conor is kidnapped by the Fae. Will Conor be able to retain his mortality and sanity when both the Winter Court, Summer Court seek to awaken the power in his blood and convince him (by hook or by crook) to return to his “true home” in the Never Never?
I was able to escape the Lios (faerie ringfort) in Conemara by trickery and my knowledge of Fae custom… and simply flat out refused everything offered and every temptation. I knew what they were on about. After I got out, I knew that to stay in Ireland was to tempt fate. My father gave me a Claddagh Ring left to him from my mother (that never fit him, but fit me) a handful of money, and bought me a one way ticket to a land (he hoped) was as far away from the dangers of the Síoga as he could think of… he was always a fan of the TV Show “DALLAS” so away I went to the land of cattle, big hats, and the blazing sun. It’s about as different from Ireland as it gets, truth be told.
I arrived with only the clothes on my back, my old guitar, my ring, and 40 Irish pounds. After a while, I found out that… well… the NEVER NEVER is a big bloody place, and wherever the Irish have gone, so too go the Síoga. I’ve also discovered that my accent, looks, charm, and wit tend to get me in lots of trouble with the ladies in this country… and their boyfriends if they’ve any. Good thing I’m a fair brawler in the old Irish style.
I’ve even made a few months rent off the local boxing cards when I first got here. The Mexican fighters are bloody fast, but I learned how to fight against the Travellers back in Ireland… and the only thing Travellers have going for them is boxing. Sort of like the local lads from the barrios I suppose. Either way, I think the hispanic lads had forgotten that once upon a time we Irish knew our way around the ring. I can’t do much of that anymore. Somehow my fae blood has grown in power… if I call upon the magic in my blood it’s fairly easy to tell I’m not exactly human. So… prize-fighting, at least for me, is right out.
Phase Four: Guest Starring
An Fear As Conemara (“The man from Connemara”)
When the abusive boyfriend of a doe-eyed Spanish lass in local pub shows up, Conor has to teach him a thing or two about manners. But will Conor succeed when the rest of Pancho’s gang arrives with guns?
Phase Five: Guest Starring Redux
An Bean Úd Thíos (“The woman over there”)
When a screaming changeling baby and his terrified mother flee past him on the street into a magically warded house, Conor cannot help but get involved in some way. But will Conor succeed when the father of the child turns out to be a right nasty piece of work of the Summer Court and is looking for something on which to vent his fury?
Things went south rather quickly, both Jamie and I were pulled (maybe punted is closer) into the Nevernever. If things had continued … it would have probably gone quite poor for us. I discovered that when I get in deep over me head, I seem to have the ability to pull me and at least one other back through the Nevernever. That surprised the hell out of the fae, I’ll tell you that much. Actually surprised the hell out of me too! Afterward things were tough, but Jamie was able to talk the Sidhe noble out of whatever it was he intended… or at least it seemed that way. I tell ya the Fae was none to pleased to see me there. He was giving me the evil eye something fierce. Not entirely sure what about, but I imagine it has to do with my fae mother. Maybe he knows her? Maybe he just knows of her? Either way, that particular night I wasn’t going to push it.
Well in the months after, I came to know Mr. Harper a bit better. I still assert that he’s an Irishman… I even call him by his Irish name (Séamus Cruiteoir) from time to time… especially on St. Patrick’s day or if he wears green. He was still married to his red-haired lass back then. They came to a few of my shows at the pubs, we shared songs, drinks, and laughs. They were good times. I was even invited over to their place for Thanksgiving a while back – my first one in America (still have no idea what the bloody hell a yam is… but pecan pie, now there is a dish worth flying here for). They seemed happy… I didn’t really know things was going south for them so fast. Jaime’s a mess these days. I do what I can, when I can, but him being in Bedford and me with no car… makes it difficult.
Random Additional Pics
- Character in:
Creation & Advancements
- Power Level: Feet In The Water
- Total Refresh: 6
- Unspent Refresh: 6
- Total Skill Points: 20
- Unspent Skill Points: 20
- Skill Cap: Great
- Unspent Fate Points: 1
- Fate Point Debt:
- High Concept:
- (+8) Legendary:
- (+7) Epic:
- (+6) Fantastic:
- (+5) Superb:
- (+4) Great:
- (+3) Good:
- (+2) Fair:
- (+1) Average:
Stunts & Powers
Tougness (5) (6) (7) (8)
Mental (1) (2) (3) (4)
Social (1) (2) (3) (4)
Weapon 1 ?
Weapon 2 ?
Weapon 3 ?
(4) Moderate Any
(6) Severe Any
(8) Extreme Any