Fall Evacuee Reporter
Step 1: Your Backstory
List 5 important events from your character’s past.
- Was evacuated off of Earth during the fall by the famed Direct Action solider/Fall hero, Jacob Tullie. Many accounts were reported by evacuees of his valor during the exodus. Broadcasts records can be found of his reports of evacuation effort up until the lockdown, some say some messages exist that were broadcast well after the lockdown.
- Surviving the events of the Fall coupled with the gaining Async psychic abilities inflicted great mental scars, particularly a deep fixation on understanding the entire Investigated multiple aspects of the Fall, from possible causes to the criminal acts perpetrated during the chaos to those profiteering from the tragedy.
- Made her first public debut reporting on her findings on the events of the fall from the accounts of evacuee’s. She was the first to paint a decent picture of the events in northern Europe along with the heroics of the hero Jacob Tullie.
- She released an XP series, Teratiod Agenda, that documented the simultaneous involvement in three oppressed groups of criminals, anarchists and Jovian officials. The series resonated to the basic transhuman struggles of life and the fight to survive, a huge point in the series is the love triangle that emerged between Colette and the three faction leaders. Even after the series release, she still has good ties with the three men.
- Gained representation with the Hypercorp: Experia and used the contact to access the secure severs of confidential information, exposing the actions of many hypercorps to the public that lead to her blacklisting and blackmarks from hypercorps.
Step 2: Your Goals
Pick 2 goals for your character. Either these are goals the character has or goals you have for the character.
- In her growing collection of confidential information, she’s looking into message broadcasts that came from Earth after the fall. She’d heard rumors of these broadcasts and was surprised to find the man broadcasting was the same man who had guided her off safety, Jacob Tullie.
- Colette is looking to discover herself. Because she grew up on volatile Earth, lived through The Fall, and had to deal with its fallout; she’s never had a real chance to grow into a person. Currently she stuck on the past and the effects it’s now because her traumas have locked her down. She collects information and reports people’s stories because she’s searching to who she is and a way over coming her scars and finding herself.
Step 3: Your Secrets
Choose 2 secrets that concern your character. One is a secret that your character knows. The other is a secret that concerns your character, but not one they are aware of.
- Anyone finding out of her async exsurent infection.
- She’s crossed a lot of Hypercorps with her report and they monitor her activities
Step 4: Your Relationships
Pick 4 people your character knows. Two of them are friendly or at least neutral to the character. One is hostile, possibly to the point of the Enemy Hindrance.
- Henry Foole – Anarchist Saboteur – was the terrorist in the series, Teratiod Agenda
- Remi Dupre – Criminal Con Artist – was the criminal in the series
- Arthur Davenport – Jovian Officer – was the government contact during the series
- Lynal Benzer – Hypercorp Experia Rep – used him to get confidential information and ruined his rep
Step 5: Your Worst Nightmares
- What frightens your character at his core, and really motivates him?
Colette’s fear is her being in a completely hopeless situation and useless to do anything about it. She was able to survive the fall and get off Earth despite being unable to do anything in the chaos around her; she does not want to ever be in that situation again. By gathering information, she aims to be prepared and adept to handle any situatio#
- With what she’s seen and the async abilities she’s gain from her exposure to an exsurent, she fears losing sense of here humanity. She was spared death by the humane act of a stranger during The Fall, that stands out in her mind as something to aspire to and lead to her fixation with seeking to help and save others; including her actual savior believed to be trapped on Earth because of outside interests, Former-Direct Action Soilder: Jacob Tullie.
Raised by parents acting as United Nation’s French diplomats on Earth, she grew up aware of the unstable climate of the European Nations and the affects of bleed over tensions persisting in the Middle East. She eventually entered into the political scene, making great use of her family ties to stand out as a U.N. Investigator handling HyperCorp interests in the tumultuous Mediterranean regions.
Her final days on Earth found her and her father in Paris, France; onsite a joint HyperCorp facility dealing with Direct Action soldiers as they attempted to gain entrance for an investigation. When the official global evacuation orders were given, the panic broke out from the TITAN attacks. Even though getting swept up in an armed escort to an evac site, she witnessed her father’s death as a fire fight broke out between the soldiers and a crowd of people reported to have been infected by exsugents. It was only by the grace of a single Direct Action soldier that she was able to make it to an evacuation shuttle to get off planet.
Even after being one of the lucky few to get off of Earth, she was witness to the fact that the horror of the TITAN attack nearly paled in comparison to the monstrous acts transhumans inflicted on each other just in the chaos. Reports from secure U.N. feed reported repent extortion for salvation, acts of sabotage on evacuation sites, acts of war, habitats denying acceptance of refugees, and mass executions and forced uploading.
It’s unclear when her change had occurred or when she realized that her mind was no longer the same, but she had been forever changed by the ordeal being able to do things no person should not be able to do. The combination of gaining async abilities and all the chaos, death and suffering she experienced and surrounded her during the catastrophe has left irreparable traumatic stress. As a further result, it driven an Obsessive Compulsion to uncover and understand the traumatic events that led up to and were a by-product of The Fall.
It took great effort to regain her self and learn to control her new abilities, it was only thought syncing the thoughts in people’s minds and the actual spoken dialog was she able to orient herself in any way. She practiced by listening to peoples stories of survival, loss, bravery and sacrifice; she was able to collect tales from people from all over earth as she floated from habitat to habitat. After completely regaining herself, she had compiled a great deal of information mapping the events of the fall not yet accounted for, particularly in northern Europe. She had been able to make correlations and point out where certain evacuation effort failed and the amazing effort of a single individual that was responsible for a great deal of evacuees, a man she recognized as her own savior, Jacob Tullie. Releasing the compiled report garnered her public respect, but to her it was her first grasp as sanity.
One of her more evocative reports was an XP series, Teratoid Agenda, that documented her simultaneous involvement in three oppressed groups: criminals, anarchists, and the Jovian government. While playing each side as a triple agent while participating in schemes for survival hooked people in with a spy thrill appeal, the series resonated with people for the basic transhuman struggles of life and the fight for survival. A fulcrum in the series was unexpected love quad-angle that emerged between Colette and the three faction leaders. After the series release, she publicly distanced herself from all parties, but still has good ties with the three men privately.
After rocketing in popularity, she eventually signed to be represented by the Hypercorp: Experia for her future projects. The move shocked her followers and lead to some calls of hypocrisy and selling out. She shocked everyone when she released a damning exposé of highly confidential information on hypercorp activity throughout the system, including Experia’s involvement in the censorship of this intel from the public through backroom dealings. The signing had been a means for her to be able to use her async powers and gain inside access to the secure severs of confidential information. This release was quickly denounced by all Hypercorp parties involved as completely fabricated and slanderous, leading to her being blacklisting and blackmarked.
Colette was recently brought into firewall after uncovering and observing a cell of experienced sentinels for a period of time. She eventually made herself known to the cell, after working out detail of their operation and as they were about to execute an assault based off of bad intelligence.
Codenamed Verity, her exposure as a public figure, blatant disregard her actions, and her propensity for releasing highly sensitive information leave doubt in Firewall command of her reliability in operations and has lead to her being a largely untapped asset. Threats of exposing her exsurgent contamination have been considered as a mean of taming her; but as Proxy Zealot, an async himself, said quoting the old Earth saying; “Never corner an animal.”
Colette has no fixed home, but drifted from habitat to habitat depending on where a prime story awaits.
Background / Origin
Faction / Ideology
No image on file
Eclipse Phase NPC DST created by: