Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character.
- 1. Born and raised in the wild, lacks any sort of civilization skills.
- 2. Has a dual heritage as an elf and as a shifter (therionthrope/beastman). Afraid of anyone finding out of his animal heritage, especially Fiori who he’s known most his life. As such he avoids fully transforming.
- 3. Somewhat of a lone wolf, has difficultly trusting others with the exception of Fiori and Kain.
- 4. Territorial and fiercely protective of those he cares about
- 5. His parents left him while he was young in the care of the nearby Elven Enclave, things didn’t turn out well and he was eventually exiled, he later came under the care and tutelage of the local druid named Kain.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
- 1. Protect the people of Neferander, to do so he needs to thwart the Ogre invasion.
- 2. Find out the whereabouts of his parents and why they left him behind. More specifically Glenn was in possession of his father’s sword and passed it onto him when he died. Supposedly they were old friends but Glenn didn’t elaborate on his whereabouts of his father or mother.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
- 1. Glenn’s last words contains the reasons why an Archfiend attacked the village of Neferander all those years ago. He cannot divulge that information without putting certain people in danger.
- 2. At least one of his parents is still alive and plays a larger role in the world.
Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.
- 1. Ally- The Druid Kain
- 2. Ally- The priestess Fiori
- 3. Enemy- Thanatos, leader of the Ogres
Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don’t have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
- 1. Impulsive, bit of a trickster, only serious in dangerous situations
- 2. One of his friends back in the Elven Enclave was killed by Beastmen. This eventually led to him being exiled.
- 3. He took on the Ogre chieftain Thanatos by himself, he lost the battle and was mortally wounded. Prior to this he used to think he was invincible.