A clued-in and well-connected Russian-German businessman in his early 40s with exceptional archery skills and a penchant for violence.
- Born in 1971 in the Crimea region of the USSR. Russian-German heritage, also some Jewish ancestry, Protestant parents, 7 brothers and 2 sisters; 7th and youngest son, second-youngest offspring. Bilingual upbringing (Russian and German).
- Trained in archery and hunting by his grandfather, who also told him of supernatural beings that exist in the shadows of the world.
- Communist education and indoctrination. Learned English as foreign language.
- Service in the Red Army from 1989 to 1991, border guard unit near Turkey and Iran (Ararat mountains). Member of weapons smuggling ring in the Red Army. Promotion to Starshina (Sergeant) in 1990 for uncovering a drug smuggling ring led by a KGB officer. Frequent participation in violent brawls covered up by fellow weapons smugglers in his unit. Witnessed a mysterious assassin (who had just murdered some new customers of Vasily) vanish in plain sight while on a business trip near the Iranian border. Honorable release from service in the Red Army in 1991 due to end of the USSR and reorganization of the former Soviet military.
- Loss of faith in Communism. Worked as a security guard and freelance weapons smuggler.
- Both parents murdered in 1995 by a drug cartel in retaliation for his actions in 1990.
- Emigration to Germany in late 1995. Lived in West Berlin at first, continuing his illegal activities.
- Moved to Zweibrücken in 1997; his ancestors lived there in the 19th century before emigrating to Tsarist Russia. Opened up a shop selling hunting equipment. Started building a local information network and weapons smuggling ring.
- While on a business journey, had a near-fatal encounter with ghouls in Dover; saved by a fire-flinging wizard.
- Was voted as chairman of the local shooting club in 2006. In celebration of his success (and with the help of some old comrades), he imported a decommissioned BTR-80 armored personnel carrier sans weapons from Russia with governmental permission and driving permit.