Keung Mao (155 points)
Age 24; Human; 6’ 1"; 165lbs
Perks: Vehicle Bond (Telemachus) 1 .
Code of Honor (Star Fleet) [-10];
Curious (12 or less) [-5];
Duty (Star Fleet) (15 or less (almost always)) [-15];
Honesty (12 or less) [-10];
Intolerance (Nausicaans) (One group) [-5];
Low Pain Threshold [-10];
Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10];
Sense of Duty (Companions) (Small Group) [-5];
Sense of Duty (Federation) (Large Group) [-10];
Quirks: Alcohol Intolerance; Attentive; Broad-Minded; Dislikes cold climates; Proud [-5].
Administration-11 (IQ-1) 1;
Area Knowledge (Federation)-12 (IQ+0) 1;
Astronomy/TL10-12 (IQ+0) 4;
Beam Weapons/TL10 (Pistol)-14 (DX+2) 4;
Brawling-12 (DX+0) 1;
Computer Operation/TL10-12 (IQ+0) 1;
Computer Programming/TL10-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Diplomacy-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Driving/TL10 (Automobile)-12 (DX+0) 2;
Electronics Operation/TL10 (Sensors)-15 (IQ+3) 12;
Electronics Operation (Transporter)-12 (IQ+0) 2;
Electronics Operation (Tricorder)-12 (IQ+0) 2;
Electronics Repair/TL12 (Sensors)-15 (IQ+3) 12;
Engineer/TL10 (Electronics)-11 (IQ-1) 2;
Expert Skill (Operations (Space))-11 (IQ-1) 2;
Expert Skill (Xenology)-10 (IQ-2) 1;
First Aid/TL10 (Human)-12 (IQ+0) 1;
Free Fall-13 (DX+1) 1;
Gunner/TL10 (Beams)-13 (DX+1) 1;
History (Recent Federation)-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Judo-10 (DX-2) 1;
Law (Federation Military)-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Leadership-11 (IQ-1) 1;
Mathematics/TL10 (Applied)-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Mechanic/TL12 (Shuttlecraft)-11 (IQ-1) 1;
Navigation/TL10 (Air)-15 (IQ+3) 1;
Navigation/TL10 (Space)-15 (IQ+3) 2;
Physics/TL10-9 (IQ-3) 1;
Piloting/TL10 (Aerospace)-16 (DX+4) 8;
Piloting/TL10 (Contragravity)-13 (DX+1) 1;
Piloting/TL10 (High-Performance Spacecraft)-14 (DX+2) 2;
Piloting/TL12 (Starship)-16 (DX+4) 8;
Research/TL10-11 (IQ-1) 1;
Savoir-Faire (Military)-12 (IQ+0) 1;
Shiphandling/TL12 (Starship (Warp Powered))-11 (IQ-1) 2;
Spacer/TL10-12 (IQ+0) 1;
Strategy (Space)-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Survival (Woodlands)-11 (Per-1) 1;
Swimming-11 (HT+0) 1;
Tactics-10 (IQ-2) 1;
Vacc Suit/TL10-12 (DX+0) 2.
- Mother was from a poor Chinese family
- Father wealthy industrial family
- Mother seeking to marry into wealth, began pursuing the father, but had no romantic interest in the father. The mothers heart was with another man whom she would see often while the father was away on business.
- The Mother and Father were eventually married.
- The sordid affair of the Mothers continued and the Father began to suspect her unfaithfulness.
- The Mother fell pregnant with Keung and the Father had doubts that he was the father. A paternity test was ordered and it was confirmed that Keung was not the Fathers child.
- The Mother did not want to lose the material wealth she had become accustomed to, so she ended the affair and committed to the marriage and raising Keung.
- Over time the Father forgave the Mother for her indiscretion and the Mother too began to develop strong feelings for the Father.
- Keung grew up in a loving family where honestly and trust was the foundation on which the family grew.
- Being the son of a wealthy family, Keung did not want for anything. Nothing really seemed important and his academic performance suffered. He graduated high school with subpar results, not enough for entry into any university or tertiary study, but this did not matter to Keung.
- Keung spent a year enjoying a relaxed carefree lifestyle, it was only after he was dragged along to a Starfleet recruiting seminar by his then girlfriend that something changed in him. He had found a calling.
- Keung went back to school and studied hard, never had he worked so hard for anything. His father was an influential man, and had offered to buy Keung’s way into Starfleet. Keung refused, wanting to prove to himself (and everyone else) that he was capable of achieving something on his own.
- Keung graduated with honours and earned his way to Starfleet Academy.
- Keung had set his desires on the NX program, the criteria was high and the places limited, none of which he was particularly suited for. Taking a gamble Keung enlisted in flight, he had never flown anything in his life and had no particular desire for it, but flight was his surest route to a space based assignment.
- It was a gamble that payed off as Keung showed natural prowess. He had the right stuff.
- In his last year at Starfleet Academy, Keung was privy to a plan in which an Admirals son was to cheat on some of the final evaluation tests. Right from wrong was something his parents had taught him, and Keung along with his friends exposed the Admirals son. This did not come without consequence and it had earned him an enemy and a rough start as a Starfleet graduate.
- Keung, values his friendships an realises true strength comes from the ability to trust one’s comrades and work effectively as a team.