Heavily-customized military pistol
Military pistol +2, heavily modified
(the military pistol is a ranged weapon that does 2d6 piercing damage and critical 19-20/x3)
Base weapon is a military pistol, with the following modifications:
- Serricsteel (unquenched; IKCG, 181): Weight -20%; market price +300 gp.
- Balanced Multi-barreled (LM, 54): Total 6 barrels; increases weight 150% and cost 375%.
- Lightweight Customization (IKCG, 188): Reduces total weight by 1/3; market price +120 gp.
- Accuracy Customization (IKCG, 188): +1 attack bonus; market price +300 gp.
- Embellishment Customization (IKCG, 188): Custom engraving; market price +105 gp.
- Masterwork: Market price +300 gp
- Masterwork requires a Craft (gunsmithing) DC 20 check; each other modification requires a Craft (gunsmithing) DC 16 check, just like the base weapon (IKCG, 146).
- Totals: Weight 6.7 pounds; market price 2,550 gp; crafting cost 850 gp.
Base DC 15 for Craft (clockwork), +1 to DC per component:
- Pistol, customized as above: Market 2,550 gp; crafting cost 850 gp.
- +2 enhancement runeplate: Market 2,400 gp; crafting cost 1,200 gp + 96 XP; requires Greater Magic Weapon (Amk/Wiz 3) and Caster Level 5.
- Avatar Clock (Medium, +2 bonus equivalent; replaces socket and conduit): Market 4,000 gp; crafting cost 2,000 gp + 160 XP; CL 3rd; Craft Cyriss-tech; Craft (clockwork) 6 ranks; Craft (clockwork) DC 20.
- Arcanodynamic Accumulator (Standard, 10 charges): Market 500 gp; crafting cost 250 gp + 20 XP; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item; Scribe Scroll; Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks, Craft (mechanika) 4 ranks; Craft (alchemy) DC 18 and Craft (mechanika) DC 18.
Fusion: Craft (clockwork) DC 19
Totals: Market price 9,450 gp; crafting cost 4,300 gp + 276 XP
The clockwork six-shooter is a cross between a military pistol and a Clockwerk Arms Pepperbox (IKCG, 181), designed to allow sequential firing of the barrels and potentially allowing multiple shots in a single attack action. Though based on existing modifications, the result is a heavily customized weapon that really is in a prototype stage. It is an expensive weapon both to create and to operate, especially given the ease with which it can expend ammunition.
This weapon has not yet been mass-produced, but Killian Dunne recently sold the first of two prototypes to the Cygnaran Army, and he carries the second with him (see Killian’s report). Both prototypes are +0 (base weapon), though Killian intends to upgrade his prototype eventually to the designed +2.
A similar design exists in prototype form, the Radliffe Firestorm Pistol (No Quarter #9, pp. 28-31). However, only three of these pistols were ever crafted, and the Cygnaran Army apparently considers this pistol “too intricate and delicate for the cost” (p. 28) The Firestorm uses brass cartridges rather than normal ammunition, which triples the per-round cost, and the current commission price for a Firestorm is 6,000 gp, which (like most military contracts) rolls R&D costs into the per-unit price (p. 31).