The nation of Ionia sits amid a world of dungeons, dragons, gods, demons, monsters, and heroes. The country itself has known relative peace and prosperity for some 60 years or more… ever since the last great band of heroes defeated a world-hopping dragon and used her horde to revitalize the nation. Since that time the nation has seen public education, increased commerce, public roadways, easy access to healers, a democratically-elected parliament, and an age of religious and racial tolerance and conversation.
Now, a new team of heroes, originally gathered in the small Ionian town of Altair, has taken on a continent-spanning mission to deliver the dead bodies of fallen soldiers from the Line against the Orcish hordes, stopping monsters and helping families grieve as they go. Also, there are a great many shenanigans to be had, but that’s hardly the focus of our tale… right?
Welcome to the home campaign for the New Altairian Heroes (NAH), run by Joe Lastowski in South Hadley, MA. I’m a writer, and I fully admit that I put way too much time into things I get passionate about, so there’s an awful lot here. Those of you who are just browsing through will notice that I’ve outright stolen a lot of this, though much of it has been tweaked to fit in my world better. I’m not making money off of any of this, and most of what I’ve used has been stuff that was meant for gaming anyway in one way or another. I think it was R.A.Salvatore who said that the whole point of a gaming world like the Forgotten Realms was so that people could pick-and-choose what worked best in their own games. That’s what I’ve done here. Feel free to browse around, and I hope you enjoy what you read.
Any questions or comments can be directed to JoeLastowski@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting!
Check out the wiki for a broad overview of what’s going on here.
- Extra entries in the GODS section
- Fleshed out Coventry government, locations, and social structure.
- The various BOOKS that you recovered from Karath’s body.
- Quests & Mysteries page, listing both the party’s tasks, and the great unknowns of the world that the PCs might someday solve.
- More stories in the Bard’s Tale section.
- Some regional stuff around the Thay area
- Campaign History page, listing a day-by-day account of things since the party got together.
Stuff I’m Working On…
Not sure exactly when all this will be finished, but my current list of things to add to this site includes:
- Kislev details for when you head towards Artania’s home
- The dungeons/ruins of Helmsgard (just in case)
- Neverwinter place page & details
- more crime families for Travailia (currently there’s only one listed)
- Hordelands write-up (or maybe not… still wavering on this one)
- culinary peculiarities of different races/regions (as I get the inkling)
- the next main party adventure(s)
- getting a full-time job in that real world place
For now, just click that WIKI tab at the top, or click here for the main page.