N.P.C.: Dani's albatross gal pal
Non-Player Character: Sally Duquesne
- Created by: Gene D., for “A New Beginning: Mystic Adventures in the ‘Big D,’” by Joshua C., using the FATE 3e “Dresden Files” RPG
- Revised: September 2012/“spring 2011”
- High concept: Gal pal and basket case (“normal” human)
- Background: Born with a silver spoon
- Conflict: Means well (but often fails to live up to promises)
- Story: College friend of Dani, emotionally co-dependent
- Guest star: " Dani Chavez " [Gene D.]-female Mexican-American Changeling artist
- Trouble: Dr. Sanjay Chatterjee’s “House of Samples”
- Good (+3): Resources
- Fair (+2): Deceit, Presence, Rapport
- Average (+1): Drive, Empathy, Performance, Scholarship
Stunts: Game Master to determine, if any
Story: Sally Duquesne was born into a comfortable upper middle class family on the outskirts of Dallas, Texas, about 20 years ago. She is a typical blonde, cheerleader type, although her looks have suffered a bit lately. While studying art in college, Sally became good friends with Dani Chavez . Sally specialized in painting and graphics, but wasn’t especially talented.
While Dani had difficulty with her fae nature and various boyfriends, Sally got sucked into the party scene. In a moment of despair, she and Dani found themselves at Dr. Sanjay Chatterjee’s “House of Samples.” Dani managed to extricate herself, but Sally got hooked on drugs, eventually becoming an addict, “mule,” and small-time dealer.
With Dani’s help, Sally has overcome the worst physical addictions, but she still has a co-dependent personality and lots of underworld connections. Sally is still somewhat involved in the drug trade (run by some very bad supernatural beings), using her art supplies shop near campus as a front. Anytime “things get too heavy” for her to deal with, Sally calls Dani, who is sympathetic but hopes for better for her friend….