An elvish gentlman skilled in the arts of detection and the science of magics.
- Armor Class = 28 (8 Armor, +5 Ring)
- Touch = 23
- Flat-Footed = 23
- Base Attack Bonus = +3
- Hit Points = 30
- ACROBATICS +10
- APPRAISE +7
- BLUFF +8
- CRAFT (MACHINE) +7
- DIPLOMACY +13
- DISABLE DECIVE +9
- DISGUISE + 7
- ESCAPE ARTIST +14
- KNOWLEDGE (ARCANA) +10
- KNOWLEDGE (ENGINEERING) +11
- KNOWLEDGE (LOCAL) +16
- KNOWLEDGE (RELIGION) +10
- LINGUISTICS +10
- PERCEPTION +17
- SENSE MOTIVE +10
- SLIGHT OF HAND +11
- SPELLCRAFT +10
- STEALTH +9
- SWIM +3
- USE MAGIC DEVICE +9
- WEAPON PROFICIENCY: Elves are prof icient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon. Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword.
- Weapon Focus: Rapier
- Weapon Finesse
- Breadth of Experience Although still young for your kind, you have a lifetime of knowledge and training.
Prerequisites: Dwarf, elf, or gnome; 100+ years old.
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Knowledge and Profession skill checks, and can make checks with those skills untrained.
- Improved Unarmed Strike You are skilled at fighting while unarmed.
Benefit: You are considered to be armed even when unarmed—you do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you attack foes while unarmed. Your unarmed strikes can deal lethal or nonlethal damage, at your choice.
Normal: Without this feat, you are considered unarmed when attacking with an unarmed strike, and you can deal only nonlethal damage with such an attack.
- Quick Draw
|RACIAL / SPECIAL ABILITIES|
- Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of poor illumination.
- Movement: 30ft/round
- Sneak Attack +2d6
- A detective gains the following types of bardic performance:
Careful Teamwork (Su): A detective uses performance to keep allies coordinated, alert, and ready for action. All allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus on Initiative checks, Perception, and Disable Device checks for 1 hour. They also gain a +1 insight bonus on Reflex saves and to AC against traps and when they are flat-footed. These bonuses increase by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. Using this ability requires 3 rounds of continuous performance, and the targets must be able to see and hear the bard throughout the performance. This ability is language-dependent and requires visual and audible components.
- Eye for Detail A detective gains a bonus equal to half his level on Knowledge (local), Perception, and Sense Motive checks, as well as Diplomacy checks to gather information (minimum +1).
This ability replaces bardic knowledge.
- Arcane Insight: At 2nd level, a detective can find and disable magical traps, like a rogue’s trapfinding ability. In addition, he gains a +4 bonus on saving throws made against illusions and a +4 bonus on caster level checks and saving throws to see through disguises and protections against divination (such as misdirection, and nondetection).
This ability replaces well-versed.
Arcane Investigation: In addition, a detective’s class spell list includes the following:
2nd—zone of truth
3rd—arcane eye, speak with dead, speak with plants
5th—prying eyes, stone tell
6th—discern location, find the path, greater prying eyes, moment of prescience
A detective may add one of these spells or any divination spell on the bard spell list to his list of spells known at 2nd level and every four levels thereafter.
This ability replaces versatile performance.
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 bonus on sight- and sound-based Perception checks. They can make a Perception check to spot a secret or concealed door if they pass within 10 feet, regardless of whether or not they are actively looking.
- Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Follow Up: An investigator can roll twice on any Diplomacy check made to gather information, and receives the information for both results. This takes the same amount of time as one check. If the lesser of the two checks reveals false information, the rogue is aware of it.
False information is not revealed in this way if the people she questioned do not know it to be false.
This ability replaces trapfinding.
- Follow Clues: A rogue with this talent can use Perception to follow tracks as per the Survival skill.
- Forlorn There are no major elven settlements in Vaelor, and like many of the region’s elves, you were forced to grow up among shorter-lived races like Gnomes. Having lived outside of traditional elven society for much or all of your life, you know the world can be cruel, dangerous, and unforgiving of the weak.
You gain a +1 trait bonus on Fortitude saving throws.
- Rich Parents You were born into a rich family, perhaps even the nobility, and even though you turned to a life of adventure anyway, you enjoyed a one-time benefit to your initial finances. Your starting cash increases by 900 gp.
- Suspicious You discovered at an early age that someone you trusted, perhaps an older sibling or a parent, had lied to you, and often, about something you had taken for granted, leaving you quick to question the claims of others.
You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks, and Sense Motive is always a class skill for you.
|Eldar Dueling Blade (+1)||1d6+STR||15-20 x2||+1 Masterwork||7lb|
|Hand to Hand Combat||1d6+STR||20×2||0.|
- Rod of Cancelation(x2) = This dreaded rod is a bane to magic items, for its touch drains an item of all magical properties. The item touched must make a DC 23 Will save to prevent the rod from draining it. If a creature is holding it at the time, then the item can use the holder’s Will save bonus in place of its own if the holder’s is better. In such cases, contact is made by making a melee touch attack roll. Upon draining an item, the rod itself becomes brittle and cannot be used again. Drained items are only restorable by wish or miracle. If a sphere of annihilation and a rod of cancellation negate each other, nothing can restore either of them.
- Rod of Detection = This device pulses in the wielder’s hand and points in the direction of any creature or creatures hostile to the bearer of the device (nearest ones first). These creatures can be invisible, ethereal, hidden, disguised, or in plain sight. Detection range is 60 feet. If the bearer of the rod concentrates for a full round, the rod pinpoints the location of the nearest enemy and indicates how many enemies are within range. The rod can be used to pinpoint three times each day, each use lasting up to 10 minutes. Activating the rod is a standard action.
- Rod of Negate = This device negates the spell or spell-like function or functions of magic items. The wielder points the rod at the magic item, and a pale gray beam shoots forth to touch the target device, attacking as a ray (a ranged touch attack). The ray functions as a greater dispel magic spell, except it only affects magic items. To negate instantaneous effects from an item, the rod wielder needs to have a readied action. The dispel check uses the rod’s caster level (15th). The target item gets no saving throw, although the rod can’t negate artifacts (even minor artifacts). The rod can function three times per day.
- Bracers of Armor = +8 AC
- Boots of Speed = 10 rounds per day of Hast (+1AC, +1 addition standard action per round, +30ft movement.)
- Ring of Protect = +5 AC
- Vest of Escape = Hidden within secret pockets of this simple silk vest are magic lockpicks that provide a +4 competence bonus on Disable Device checks. The vest also grants its wearer a +6 competence bonus on Escape Artist checks.
- Dueling Blade
- Nobles Clothes X3 (Vaelorian; Long robes with rich colors, silken scarves and walking cane.)
- Belt pouch (X3)
- Traveller’s Cloak
TOTAL WEIGHT = 21 lbs
- Light – 58 lbs.
- Medium – 59–116 lbs.
- Heavy – 117–175 lbs.
- Lift over Head – 175
- Lift off Ground – 350
- Drag or Push – 875
- as = 0
- sesterce (5cp) = 5
- denari (2sp) = 5,750
- auroras (1gp) = 0
- Fame Rating – 4
Picture taken from: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Elf%20Noble&order=9&offset=24#/d2nu7z6
The following has been prepared by Semian Giaus Levidicus, Magistrate of Iskanderous for the informing of Senator Allum Kal Grackus III. Having interviewed Vanek at great length, I am certain this is the man you want for the job. It begins with a small history:
A summation of Vanek Killsorrow, fourth born son of the revered Tymin Killsorrow VII, The Gods Justice.
Vanek was born in the year 421 by Stars reckoning, or AM5589 by Republican Standard. Oddly, the Killsorrow family represents something of a rarity in Iskanderous and Elven society in general; Vanek’s mother was a Drow. Even among the Elves, the Drow are outcast and hated as savage and wild, but Vanek’s father was able to keep his families name respectable in enough circles that they still enjoy relatively high status. He was to follow in the line of his noble house, and take up the Sword and Sail, being the Eldar Merchant Marine, and was sent to training when he was but 9, as Eldar custom dictates. The boy did well in combat, but was more interested in games and riddles, preferring to crack ancient codes where he could. Being traded as an elite class of warrior sailor, it seems strange to us that he was not learning only blade and rigging, but the Eldar customs bend to their long life, and Vanek, being Elven could not cross salted water until his name day; 23. His first studies complete, he prepared to learn the craft of sail, only to be interrupted by the events of The First Eldar Uprising.
In the chaos that followed, Vanek returned to his home at the behest of his father to retrieve the family, only to find his mother, Myla and two of his brothers, Demium and Mycha had been killed by soldiers of the II Legion as it made its now infamous name.
Grief stricken, Vanek returned to his father empty handed, and was met by his brothers wrath. It is still unclear to this author why Vanek’s brother Nym blames Vanek for the death of his mother and brother’s, but the two fell out over a fight in which Nym was wounded, and Tymin exiled his own son a Race Traitor.
After his brother fled, Vanek vowed to his father that he would find and bring to justice the men responsible. The Elven Tears having been smashed against the red walls of Eldarus, the promise felt empty to Tymin. Astonishingly, after a nearly 20 year search in which Tymin thought (for some time) that Vanek had died, he did indeed find and confront three members of Legio II whom had deserted before the disastrous assault.
Having obtained confessions of the men, Vanek made a go of the courts, only to find that Maran Justice would not apply to the Legion. However, the Magistrate of Iskanderous, the late Giaus Kandrum, did sentence all three men to die in the arena for the crime of desertion, and Vanek was given some small justice when the same Magistrate granted his request to duel the man whom had admitted to murdering his mother.
His vengeance done, Vanek returned home to find, in his words, that his father had “steeled what was already a frozen heart.”
Tymin asked Vanek to take up the Sail and Sword, as have all Killsorrow’s, but when Vanek refused, instead preferring to learn the ways of magic and the solving of riddles, a grieving father sent his only son and heir to study in Vaeloria, where Vanek would spend the next 67 years of his life.
In Vaeloria, Vanek studied at the renown Mengento University and had access the great library at its center, honing not only his magical knowledge, but his ever sharpening elvish mind. Durring this time, Vanek told me that he took up the ancient elvish art of the long bladed duel. Using a thin sword called a rapier, a blade not made for war but rather for honorable combat, Vanek became something of a serial duelist. He was not one to start many fights, but he would often stand for other nobles whom he could, preferring the thrill of combat to the boredom of everyday life.
When he left the island of Valor, he returned home. He stayed with his father for some time, but soon they both discovered the wounds long healed opened anew when the two were together. And so it was that in the year AM5745, Vane left his home to travel the wide world. He started in Mara itself, the great capitol recently washed with the blood of tyranny. He was instrumental in convicting many senators, so he says, but was furious when his findings were swept aside for the new peace. This caused the old man but young Eldar to travel to the large cities of the world, where he plied his craft of investigation and sometimes machining of Loba.
I will say this, having met the man if you require any further convincing:
Vanek is absolutely brilliant if a little absent minded, and once set on course he cannot be deterred. He has not seen his brother, Nym since his exile, and prefers not to talk about his family or his past, seeking only to occupy his time in this life with the thrill of the hunt, and the science of magic’s.
He is an accomplished swordsman with his chosen blade, and like most Elfish peoples possesses some skill at unarmed combat, however he has little experience with live violence outside of the many duels he has participated in, and most of them were not to the death.
Like all of the Stars Children, you will find him difficult to read, but I have trusted in his keen senses and sharp wit on more than one occasion, and hope you will indeed find the elf to be of some value.
Should you require anything else of me, please do no hesitate.
Yours very respectfully,
Semian Giaus Levidicus, Consular Magistrate of Iskanderous, son of Flavius Giaus Levidicus, the first of his name.