Welcome to our BFRPG campaign set in the Howard’s Age of Hyboria!
This is your new campaign homepage. The first thing you should do is edit this page and put in the description of your campaign.
After that, take a look at your wiki. There is some more helpful info there.
We will be using the Basic Fantasy RPG rules – a b/x D&D retroclone with some modern touches. The rules can be found at: www.basicfantasy.org.Optional rules:
- Additional races from the Dungeoneer’s Almanack (gnome, half-elf, half-orc). This campaign will be heavily influenced by Robert Howard’s Hyborian Age (Conan), with a slight twist. I will be using demihumans, but they will take the place of some of the fringe human offshoots that Howard uses. Dwarves are from Asgard, Elves are Atlanteans, Halflings are non-threatening hill people, etc. Orcs, goblins and whatnot are typical of proto-human barbarians that dot the places where the light of civilization does not shine brith.
- Magic – as per the setting, magic is widespread but not super common. Its frequently a bit dark and twisted, particularly arcane magic. Similarly – magic items exist, but are a bit more rare and noteworthy/unique.
- Additional classes from the Dungeoneer’s Almanack (assassin, ranger/barbarian/paladin subclasses)
- Critical hits do double damage (double the die).
- Critical fumble – save vs. death ray (with dex).
- Defending – combat rules assume someone is also attacking. By going purely defensive, +4 to AC. This isn’t really necessary – if a player said they just wanted to parry and defend and not attack, the GM would apply a circumstantial modifier. This just happens to be a more or less guaranteed +4 – perfect for your measly d4 HD mages.
- Additional classes? (bard, jester, spell point sorceror, etc)
- Any other suggestion folks have.
- a fighting man?
- a cleric?
- a magic user?
- a thief?