Class: Rogue 5/ Swashbuckler 4 / Shadow Hunter 2 Lvl: 11
Alignment: Neutral Good
- Basic Statistics
|M||131 Yrs||Elf||Male||5’4"||120||Green||White||Pale||Least Mark of Shadow on left side of Jaw|
|Ability||Mod||HP: 84||Speed: 30|
|Str: 14||+2||AC: 20||Touch: 15|
|Dex: 21||+5||Inish: +5||Flat Footed: 20|
|Base Atk: +9 / +4||Grapple: +11|
|Save||Base||A. Mod||M. Mod||Misc|
|Rapier +1||+15 / +9||1d6+6||18-20 2x||N/A||P||Main hand weapon when 2 weapon fighting|
|Dagger +1||+15 / +9||1d4+5||19-20 2x||N/A||P&S||Off hand weapon when 2 weapon fighting|
|Composite Longbow||+15||1d8+2||3x||110||P||Quiver of 40 arrows, Bowstaff enchantment|
|Armor||Type||AC Bonus||Max Dex||Check||Spell Fail||Speed||Weight||Special Properties|
|Mithral Chainshirt +1||L||+5||+6||0||20%||30||20lb||None.|
|Protective Item||AC Bonus||Weight||Special|
|Protective Item||AC Bonus||Weight||Special|
Least Mark of Shadow
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Weapon Finesse (Swashbuckler)
Disable Device +10
Gather Information +10
Move Silently +15
Open Lock +10
Use Magic Device +10
Use Rope +12
- Nimble Stand
- Listen to this
- Acrobatic Backstab
- Spot the Weak Point
- Clarity of Vision
Special Abilities / Class Features
- Sneak Attack +5d6
- Penetrating Strike
- Uncanny Dodge
- Grace +1
- Shield of Blades +2
- Insightful Strike
- Heirs Mark
- Improved Darkness
- Deeper Shadows
- Poison Use
- Shadow Sense
Gloves of Dexterity +2
MW Thieves Tools
Composite Longbow (Bowstaff Enchant)
Quiver w/Arrows (40)
Rope (silk) 50ft
Acid Flask (2)
Cure lt wounds (2)
Cure mod wounds (1)
History of Delarrion Frost
Delarrion Frost (Frost) was born on the 8th of Sypherous, 867YK as Delarrion Caden Shoturin to his mother Cassandra and father Delman in Pylas Talaer, Aernal. His father was an adventurer in his youth and had met his mother in what is now Breland while traveling. With his adventuring days behind him, he returned to his family’s ancestral home in Pylas Talaer and began working in the family shipyard as a shipwright. His mother Cassandra, was a talented singer in her youth and a member of house Phiarlan through her father. She has not manifested a Dragonmark. Frost was the couples 5th son, and 7th child overall. The couple would welcome in another daughter, Camilla in the years after Delarrion was born.
In 898YK, Delman’s younger brother Delmarong slayed their family’s ancestor Khazim in the Undying Court. This act branded the entire family as traitors to the nation and the family was forced to flee for their lives. Of their 8 children, only Frost survived escaping Aernal.
The family fled to where Cassandra’s family lived in Moonwatch, Breland. The family changed its name to Frost, based on Delman’s nickname “Frost cap” when he adventured. Frost swore that he would see his uncle Delmarong face justice for his crimes.
- 867YK – Frost is born
- 880YK – Frost’s sister Camilla is born
- 891YK – Camilla Shoturin dies of illness
- 894YK – Last War begins
- 898YK – Delmarong betrays family, slays ancestor. Shoturin family flees Aernal for Breland. Shoturin family changes name to Frost
- 903YK – Frost’s sister Valeria is born
- 910YK – Frost’s dragonmark manifests, first meets Bradford “Ranger Brad” Crovus and his son Dorian
- 924YK – Frost’s father Delman slain in Last War while in service of Breland. Frost begins training with Ranger Brad
- 948YK – Frost leaves family in Moonwatch, begins his search for Delmarong Shoturin
- 965YK – Frost introduced to members of Serpentine Table, agrees to pass along any information they request of him
- 972YK – Frost remains loyal to house Phiarlan during Shadow Schism
- 991YK – Frost finally locates Delmarong, but he escapes before Frost can arrive. Witnesses of Delmarong’s escape say he was taken by outsiders to a different realm. Frost begins search for way to continue pursuit
- 998YK – Learns about device called the Occularum that may allow him to continue his pusuit, heads to its location in Xen’drik. Valeria Frost betrothed to Dorian Crovus, set to wed on her 105th birthday 16 Lharvion 1008YK
100 questions for Frost
h2. Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
Delarrion Caden Frost, born Delarrion Caden Shoturin
2. Where and when were you born?
Born on the 8th of Sypherous 867YK in Pylas Talaer
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Delman Shoturin (Frost) – born in 640YK, Delman adventured in his younger years, eventually settling down to return to the family shipyard business as a shipwright. He was kind and intelligent, and considered a wonderful father.
Cassandra Shoturin (Frost) – born in 644YK, Cassandra Pellar was a talented singer in her youth, eventually leaving her family’s home in Moonwatch to wed Delman Shoturin. After they had settled down, Cassandra took the role of a stay home mother eventually raising 9 children. Cassandra has always been kind and sweet, but years of raising children have left her much more stern than her younger years.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
From oldest to youngest
- Khazim Shoturin VII – 1st son, born 772YK, named after the Shoturin Family’s Undying ancestor, worked in the family shipyard, slain while trying to flee Aernal
- Delmus Shoturin III – 2nd son, born 786YK, named after paternal grandfather, worked in the family shipyard, slain while trying to flee Aernal
- Sophia Shoturin – 1st daughter, born 801YK, named after paternal grandmother, 13 minutes older than twin sister Selena, slain while trying to flee Aernal
- Selena Shoturin – 2nd daughter, born 801YK, named after maternal grandmother, 13 younger than twin sister Sophia, slain while trying to flee Aernal
- Caden Shoturin – 3rd son, born 808YK, named after maternal grandfather, died of illness 814YK
- Delman Shoturin Jr. – 4th son, born 840YK, named after father, slain while trying to flee Aernal
- Camila Shoturin – 3rd daughter, born 880YK, named for maternal aunt, died of illness 891YK
- Valeria Sophia Frost – 4th daughter, born 903YK, only child born outside of Aernal, sweet and kindhearted, like her mother she is a talented singer, betrothed to Dorian Crovus
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
When not questing, I live with my mother and younger sister in Moonwatch
6. What is your occupation?
Professional traveler… and part-time investigator
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
I’m a lean and lithe elf male easily identified by my pure white hair and my bold green eyes. My Dragonmark is a very light blue runs along the left side of his jawline and down his neck. I’ve some small scars on his legs and back from his years of pursuing his uncle and a large scar across his chest that is more recent. I’m wearing black studded leather and a worn travelers cloak that previously belonged to his father. I prefer to dress very low key, as my training has taught him that he’s at his best when he goes unnoticed.
8. To which social class do you belong?
In the vicinity of the lower middle upper class
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
None… though the flashing of the light on Sera’s helmet did cause a small seizure
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
11. What does your voice sound like?
Deliberate and calculated, others say brooding
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
Does a disappointed sigh count? Otherwise none.
13. What do you have in your pockets?
A few coins, betting stubs, lint.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I was taught to suppress any strange quirks or mannerisms to make him stick out less. Despite this training, I still sometimes bite my fingernails
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Happy, followed by very sad, followed by filled with desire for vengeance
16. What is your earliest memory?
Aside from remembering watching the family home being burned to the ground and hearing my brothers beg for their lives before being slain… I do remember fishing with my paternal grandfather Delmus when I was very young… and you know, that complete disaster that traumatized me
17. How much schooling have you had?
Most of my schooling was informal, but I did spend many years being trained by Ranger Brad and other members of house Phiarlan
18. Did you enjoy school?
For the most part I did enjoy my training
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Training with Ranger Brad
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
My father first and foremost and Ranger Brad after my father died
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Very well, we’re a very close knit family
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was very young, I wanted to be a shipwright. After leaving Aernal and meeting Ranger Brad, I wanted to be a shadow hunter
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Fishing, swimming with my elder brother Delman in the pond near our family home
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
Even as a child, I was quick witted and observant
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
When we were still in Aernal, I was quite popular. After leaving there, I became more insular. I met my best friend though after leaving Aernal, Dorian Crovus. I met him and his father after my Dragonmark manifested, and we became quite close. Dorian and I trained under his father when we were still young, and Dorian is betrothed to my youngest sister. Dorian is more fun and outgoing than I am, and I have complete faith he will take care of Valeria.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
952YK while traveling through what would become Vaelnar, I met a sweet elf woman named Merridia whom I met with several times while searching that region for my uncle
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
Not a virgin, lost it to Merridia during my time in that region in 954YK
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
That whole being traumatized and swearing a quest of vengeance thing seemed pretty influential.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
I’ll give you 3 guesses.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
My father and Ranger Brad
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Tracking down Delmarong, not giving up on my quest after going so long, not beating Dorian senseless when he began courting my little sister
32. What is your greatest regret?
Not convincing Merridia to travel with me, she was killed when the region was seized to for Vaelnar in 956YK
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
When searching for my Uncle, I stole money from a beggar to force him to tell me what he knows. I returned the money, but that event still felt inappropriate
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
I’m officially kill on sight in Aernal, as are all other members of my family
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
That time I had to run for my life from the group of people set to murder my family
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
Getting caught by a 15yr wearing a cat hat while hiding outside of a women’s bath ranks close to the top.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
38. What is your best memory?
The day my sister Valeria was born, it reminded me that despite all the tragedy we had experienced that this family would survive.
39. What is your worst memory?
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I’m neither, I’m a glass could possibly contain more liquid but is not full nor empty kind of person.
41. What is your greatest fear?
That I’ll lose more of my family that I already had
42. What are your religious views?
I was raised to worship the undying court, but since leaving Aernal and moving in with Grampa Caden I’ve given some praise to Olladra, but only when I think I could use the luck
43. What are your political views?
Politics is a nice way to get everyone killed for a good cause
44. What are your views on sex?
Sometimes… frequently necessary
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
Yes I can kill, and am willing to in most circumstances
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Kill children… followed by killing your family’s undying ancestor so that the family including several children get killed in retaliation for your cowardice
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
Sure, maybe I’ll find one or the other one day
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Good wine, good friends, and a good woman… oh, and money lots of it
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
Rarely if ever, some thoughts are best kept in the shadows so to speak
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Selwin Not that your aware of…
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
Forgive my Uncle for his crimes, and if you can’t figure out why go back and read the other answers
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
If I was told I had to fight all of Khorvaire to protect my mother and my sister, it would go down in history as the most epic slaughter in history… Bets on me winning would pay handsomely
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.) Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I keep most people at arms length, with those I deem trust worthy being kept closer
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
My sister Valeria, she’s the only one who hasn’t been directly hurt by our family’s trauma
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
My father, the things he did for our family are far more valuable than the fate that was given him
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
Dorian Crovus has been my best friend for many years, there is no person I trust to look after that which means the most to me than him
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
I thought so, once…
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Kind, understanding, a good listener, one who tolerates my personal baggage
60. How close are you to your family?
Very close, we’re a tight knit bunch
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
No family of my own
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
I have faith that house Phiarlan would aid me if I needed it, likewise Ranger Brad and my mother would help me if I was truly desperate
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
I trust Glorian to try and kill anything who might hurt me, likewise Anemone is really good at killing things… that’s kinda close
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
My mother and sister definately would
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
Uncle Delmarong for reasons already discussed
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Avoid conflicts when I can, people remember others they have argued with but a non-conflict is easily forgotten
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I prefer to watch others take charge, it help me gather information
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Not particularly, it’s harder to keep focused on trying to gather information when there is too much information being passed around
69. Do you care what others think of you?
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
71. What is your most treasured possession?
My fathers traveling cloak, it may be worn but it is the last connection I have left to him
72. What is your favorite color?
73. What is your favorite food?
Grilled Fish with lemon
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
I read the newspaper
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
I recommend a good play, a talented singer, a gladiator match
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
I only drink in moderation… when I’m not drinking in excess
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
78. What makes you laugh?
I’m a sucker for a dirty limerick
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
I’m shocked that people believe that law and justice are always the same, when in reality they aren’t all that frequently
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
Elves don’t sleep, we don’t get insomnia. If I did have insomnia, I would probably take ink and put funny marks on the other sleeping people
81. How do you deal with stress?
Plot ways to cause great displeasure to the source of stress
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I frequently form spontaneous plans
83. What are your pet peeves?
People who smell like dogs, the homeless People who ask if this is my real hair color. YES! my hair really is this color, it is a family trait, the last 10 generations of males in the family all have white hair
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
Wake up, eat, make plans for the day, eat, execute plans for the day, eat, sleep
… I don’t think its possible to disrupt this routine, but I doubt it would bother me
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I have cat like reflexes and a clever mind
86. What is your greatest weakness?
I don’t have dominating will
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Aside from the tragic childhood… I could stand to be a wiser man
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
I’m good at being subtle, stealthy, and striking an opponents weakness
I’m not good at taking charge, dodging great swords in the dark, assisting small girls up onto catwalks
91. Do you like yourself?
Most of the time
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
Bring justice to my uncle, and no I don’t tell people my reason unless I really trust them
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
Deliver justice to my uncle
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Being allowed to walk freely back in Aernal, trying to help my sister pick out the perfect sight for her wedding
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Quietly in my bed from old age
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
Take care of my finances to insure my sister and mother can live comfortably, tell Dorian that he has been as close to me as any of my brothers and ask him to take care of them, and find Ranger Brad and tell him he was like a father to me when I needed one the most… and then get shit faced drunk.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Restoring the Shoturin family name to glory in Aerenal
98. What three words best describe your personality?
Clever, stealthy, observant
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Sneaky, quiet, brooding
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)
“Ok Frost, I know this quest for vengeance is important, but just look over this really awesome sport we have…” Hands the rules for baseball to Frost “You should invent this game. Then the world will remember you for eternity. You could use it to unite the Dragonmark houses. Just think, Dragonmark baseball… You know that’s awesome.”
Letters From Frost
20 Eyre 998
Grey Raven, the information was accurate, Solaruun does indeed have the device
My journey has brought me to the city of Stormreach, on the continent of Xen’drik. It is here, that I have made a number of new acquaintances. This includes Solaruun, a supposed prophet with device that will allow a person to travel to distant distant lands. He appears to be the only way for me to continue my search. Fortunately, assisting Solaruun are a number of interesting characters that are aiding Solaruun get his device working. This is most fortuitous to me, and I succeeded in getting introduced to Solarrun as well as them. They appear to be accepting of me, despite me being somewhat guarded in sharing.
These companions are ones we should keep an eye out for, they may prove important.
The first one I met was, a brilliant young artificer prodigy, named Sera Kaylee Edison
d’Cannith. Despite being a mere 15, she is already a brilliant smithy and has an future of
infinite possibilities in front of her.Sera can and will prove to be an invaluable asset in the future. We should keep track of her growth.
The next one I met was a “Paladin” named Glorian Corleis d’Orien, his behavior is unlike any other Paladin I have ever come across, but his fighting prowess is unmatched. Glorian should be watched heavily, while skilled in combat, he is headstrong and dangerous. I will keep a close eye on him
Following him, I met Anemone Shadowborn of Clan Charix, a member of the barbarian shifter tribes in the Eldeen Reaches. She seems quite protective of the others, and certainly strong. A good ally to have. She is strong, but naive. She is also not particularly pleasant to look at.
After her, is Selwin, a somewhat strange druid raised in the jungles of Xen’drik. City life and culture seems to confuse him, as do concepts like Pet ownership, personal hygiene, and shelter. Never the less, strangeness or not, the more allies the merrier. While he may prove useful, Selwin’s foolishness may be more trouble than he’s worth. He will need to improve his bathing habits though, and quickly.
There is another member of this group that I met briefly, a psionic named Exartash. His direct and blunt nature was off-putting. He probes for far more information than he needs to know, and the prospect of him trespassing in my mind is troubling. Exartash concerns me, he believes that law and justice are one and the same. A foolish notion if there ever was one.
Finally, there is Solaruun, one of the strangest people I have ever come across. He’s a diminutive fellow, I had originally mistaken him for a gnome before realizing my mistake. He rambles incessantly, frequently losing focus and side tracking on non-sequiturs. Never the less, his work appears to be brilliant, I should be able to continue my quest with his device.
Solaruun may be completely insane. I have my doubts about his prophecy as well.
I believe I shall take my sisters’ advice and try putting my thoughts to music. I shall strive to provide you and her with new song lyrics in my next letter.
I will keep tabs on these peoples and the goings-on in Stormreach and pass it on.
Please keep my mother and sister safe, they are my most precious treasures. Keep well brother.
May the shadows protect you. – Winter Wolf
- Delarrion Frost