Strange and dangerous things are found in among the marshes and forests of Moth. A bleak place for those who haven’t seen daylight in years.
This story will follow a group of slaves on their quest for freedom and survival.
Shadows of the Dark Lands will feature a group of four to six individuals who have been enslaved by the Marsh Adder Cartel for at least the past five years, working in a mine. As said by the title, The Dark Lands will be the setting for this story.
Players will meet on a date yet to be determined for character creation, though it is a good idea to have a concept in mind beforehand. The following is a list of what the players should keep in mind.
- The Empire has no authority this far from the capital.
- The Church has little authority in these regions, however many of the citizens are devout and might act on their own.
- The general terrain are either marshy forests or arid, rocky plains.
- Settlements are usually small and far between.
- Weather is unpredictable and harsh and is of a climate similar to that of northern Great Britain.
- The people of Gaia use the same calendar we use, though the many countries have begun their own way of counting the year sine the death of the last emperor.
- Supernatural things like magic and monsters are rare to the general populous, however, many unusual events occur the lands of Moth and the commoners there hold many superstitious beliefs.
- Character Creation Guidelines