Attunement Cost: 6 motes
The various manifestations of the Rage of Kallaberse are triggered by how luminous the user’s anime banner is:
Qualities of the artifact that are always active. The infusion of orichalcum into the recipient’s body is enough to provide a number of benefits.
- +2 (-0 Health Level)
- +2 (-1 Health Level)
- +3L / +3B / +3A to Natural Soak
Glittering Caste Mark
As the user’s caste mark begins to illuminate so do the rest of the tattoos on her face; enough essence is flowing through the system to cause all of the tattoos above her neck to alight.
- Protects the exalt’s vision from blinding sources
Shining Caste Mark
Enough essence now flows for the tattoos along the shoulder and back to now glow, establishing a connection to the skin mount amulet, deactivating the hearthstone set there and enabling additional powers.
- +2 dots to Awareness
- Enhancements the exalt’s vision: see in no-light conditions, see through obscuring conditions, see through solid non-magical obstructions up to one inch, see enchanted artifacts, see manses and know their rating, see demenses and know their rating, see obvious charms, see unmanifested spirits, see ghosts, see living beings
Now drawing power from the embedded hearthstone, at this level all of the tattoos are now visible, glowing with the same golden radiance as the exalted’s caste mark.
- +2 dots to Strength for feats of strength, calculating jump distance, inflicting damage with attacks and meeting weapon usage pre-requisites.
- +4 dots to Dexterity for calculating parry.
- Doubles movement rate; 10mph marching movement rate.
With the exalted’s anima banner now active the light given off by the tattoos has turned red and begins to pulse lightly.
- Ability to interact with (including attacking and damaging) non-manifested entities.
The system is operating at peak efficiency now, with the anima power of the solar providing enough essence to trigger the final component of the Rage of Kallaberse.
- A massive wing of red essence rises from the one tattooed shoulder of the exalt. The span of the wing is 3 yards, but is not constrained by close quarters. When manifest all numerical components of the dawn caste’s anima banner are doubled.
That tattoo component of this charm is permanent and requires no maintenance. But the orichalcum and moonsilver that flows through the bearer’s veins, providing the foundation for this artifact to function, needs to be periodically replenished, requiring monthly injection. The mixture itself is equivalent to a 3-dot resource, and once injected the bearer must flare her anima banner for an entire scene to properly integrate the mixture. The mixture is stable, allowing the bearer to carry multiple injections of the 10 milliliter dose, but it must be injected by someone with 4-dots in Lore, Medicine and Occult to ensure that it is done properly.
There was a time when the circle could move freely, displays of divine power having consequences no worse that a drunken night spent around Nexus. But those times have come to an end. This is especially true for Tya Mnemia. Though the rumors of the vicious and violent Tya anathema covered in tattoos and carrying an arsenal of weapons are not completely accurate, they are close enough to not only put those around her in danger, but her family as well. And as the stakes continue to rise this is no longer acceptable. The Rage of Kallaberse is the most significant effort being put forward to allow Mnemia to travel Creation without being immediately identified. Though some of the damage cannot be undone, it is hoped that the ability to move about without drawing undo attention will open up opportunities that would otherwise be closed to her.
Physically the Rage of Kallaberse is little more than an ink composed predominantly of orichalcum with a bit of red jade and moonsilver. This material is then tattooed upon the recipient (in Mnemia’s case covering her existing markings precisely). The tattoos must then be linked together while also connecting to a skin mount amulet and the recipient’s caste mark. This is achieved by injecting a specialized mix of moonsilver and orichalcum into the recipient, using the circulatory system as the foundation for the artifact. While the lunars do have tattoo artifacts, this is different enough that it’s unknown if such a thing could be removed and if so at what cost.
Functionally the Rage of Kallaberse acts as an extension of a dawn caste solar’s caste mark and anima banner, it’s power unfolding gradually as the anima releases more and more illumination. In Mnemia’s case it serves an additional purpose. The first time the Rage is activated Mnemia’s existing tattoos and permanent caste mark are burned away, leaving the skin unblemished. From that point forward, when dormant, the Rage has no visible appearance, allowing Mnemia to look much like any other woman. But now, when Mnemia spends peripheral essence, not only does her caste mark illuminate, but so do her old Tya tattoos, their form captured when the Rage was embedded within her skin.
This is a variation of the Celestial Battle Armor. That artifact is a collection of several universal components plus three additional components that are equivalent to three dot artifacts. So, breaking down the components…
- Filtration Baffles – dropped
- Sensory Augmentation Visor – kept
- Exomuscular Fibers – kept
- Peripatetic Greaves – kept
- Reinforced Gauntlets/Boots – dropped
- Adaptive Camouflage subsystem – dropped
- armor qualities – dropped
Three Additional Features:
- Essence Shield
- Enhanced Durability
- Spirit Bane
So, at this point the artifact is a trimmed down version of the 5 dot armor, with some major pieces missing. So, to compensate…
- Pulled one (of three) of the components of the Fire Lance, a three dot artifact, for the lethal fire burst.
- The improvement to the dawn anima banner sort of comes from no where, so it’s hard to say where this comes in power wise. But since it requires going totemic I thought it would be fun. One-winged exalted…
For the 2.5 Errata a number of small modifications needed to be made…
- The Enhanced Durability bonus now applies to Natural Soak which in turn stacks with armor.
- The Essence Shield has been changed to a +4 bonus to Dexterity in regards to parry calculations only.
- The fire burst has been removed and replaced with persistent health levels (I don’t want anything to do with temporary health levels).
For the Essence Sight clarification a number of small modifications needed to be made…
- Essence Sight was broken into individual components for clarity.
- Added the equivalent of an Alchemical sub-module Flash Shutters to protect player vision.