A quick search outside the wall reveals tracks leading into Southwood. The goblins were numerous and made no attempts to hide their trail. It looks easy to follow, although it is not known for how long the track will remain this way.
The PCs try to survive long enough to find their way through the boughs of Southwood and find the Barrow of the Ogre King. Checks in this challenge will occur approximately once per mile of travel and each PC may only make one skill check per mile of travel.
Setup: You must use your knowledge of the wilderness to survive long enough to find the Barrow of the Ogre King.
Complexity: 4 (requires 10 successes before 3 failures).
Primary Skills: Endurance, Nature, Perception, Streetwise.
Endurance (Moderate DC): at least two characters in the party must make endurance checks each turn to resist the debilitating effects of wandering in Southwood and dealing with exposure to the elements. A failed check indicates that all members of the party lose one healing surge, in addition to counting as a failure for the challenge. Because Raz asked Curuvar to cast the Endure Elements ritual upon the party, the PCs making the check will receive a +4 bonus to their roll.
Nature (Mocerate DC): at least one character in the party must make a Nature check each turn to help the group find its way through the wilderness and avoid natural hazards for the period in question. A failed check indicates that all members of the party lose one healing surge, in addition to counting as a failure for the challenge.
Perception (Easy DC): You notice something that helps you better survive the trek. Using this skill doesn’t count as a success or failure for the challenge, but instead provides a +2 bonus or –2 penalty to the next character’s Endurance or Nature check.
Streetwise (Moderate DC): Because Melieraz asked for directions to the barrow from Curuvar, the adventuring party get to start the skill challenge with 2 successes.
PbP Start Date: 6/14/2009.
MT Session Date: 6/27/2009, 9:00 PM
Adventure Date: Ches 19 (Spring Equinox), 1479 DR, the Year of the Ageless One.
Base Location: The Town of Loudwater, Gray Vale
Adventure Module: The Barrow of the Ogre King
Session Number: 1.1
- Build PC Tokens
- Choose unique halos and chat color
- Talk about macros
Morning of Ches 19, 1479 DR, the Year of the Ageless One… The beginnings of a seemingly heroic adventuring party form at the Green Tankard Tavern…
Amagar Morgata, dark wander of the Gray Vale, is a tiefling fighter seemingly more interested in the chink of coin than altruism. The devoted Iris from the Moonshae Isles is a razorclaw shifter druid of Silvanus who has been sent to Loudwater by her grove to help protect the Gray Vale’s goodfolk from the dangers lurking within Grayvale. Melieraz, an elven beastmaster raptor ranger, and his beast companion Screech, intently driven to help the goodfolk of Loudwater find their missing children. The vain Digi, a goliath barbarian hailing from the mountainous heights of the North Wall, seems only interested in his golden locks and possesses a knack for finding trouble. And finally, the mousy Gweena, a devoted cleric of Chauntea, who carries a bag of seeds to sow her faith amongst the goodfolk of the vale.
Goblin’s blow the South wall and swarm into the square. The Circus Freak Patrol are spurred into action as the cries of help from Loudwater’s goodfolk are almost too much to bear.
Closing Location Details
Nation: Gray Vale
Town\Area: Loudwater’s South Square (Area 2)
Module Location Number: Raid on Loudwater
Campaign Date: Ches 19 (Spring Equinox), 1479 DR, the Year of the Ageless One.
Weather Condition: 14 F, None, Partial low white clouds, Wind 15 mph
Other Information: N/A
Last Major Events
- Goblins blow the South wall, swarming into the square and killing mercilessly.
- They head for Garwan’s Curiosities, breaking the window and taking the items on display.
- The CFP fight back and the remaining three goblins, knowing they have been bested, throw down their arms in surrender, hoping their lives will be spared.
Last Minor Events
- The Adventuring party forms at the green tankard. Melieraz gives the party the moniker “Circus Freak Patrol or CFP”.
- Marsh Laval, proprietor of the Tankard, is introduced.
- Marsh mentions the name “Ana”, referring to her in a made up story about Curuvar the Brazen. Ana works for Marsh at the Tankard.
- Sunsteen Urbeth is introduced and expresses a general interest in the adventuring party.
- Curuvar The Brazen, Loudwater’s resident wizard, is introduced and gives the Minor Quest of returning the Skull Totem to him.
- Iris meets Brother Griffon.
- Sunsteen’s withered leg becomes wreathed in blue flame, after he is knocked to the floor from the concussive blast.