I. Physical Traits
- 6’10", 347 lbs.
- Vice is a large, reddish brown scaled dragonborn that looks like he was built for fighting. The fact that he is typically seen wearing scale armor with a mordenkrad on his back and a greatspear in his hand, along with the various scars that on his arms, back, and chest, only emphasize this. His face, though, is primarily unscathed, only bearing a few marks that would easily be missed unless one was looking for them. His eyes, a dull blue, bare signs of age well past his own and hint at a fury he cannot contain.
II. Personality Traits
Vascilious is a dragonborn of action over words. He believes in the strength of a being’s body, but understands the strength of mind. While he will normally allow others to do the thinking, but he does not blindly follow. He introduces himself as Vice, the name given to him by his owner in his gladiator days, and will only reveal his birth name to those he trusts with his life. Anyone that refers to him as Vascilious and does not fit that requirement will be quickly, and possibly harshly, reminded of this preference. He worships the god of strength and war, Kord. He does not actively worship him, but he is aware of Kord’s impact on his life and will go to the god in times of trouble.
III. Metagame Traits
– Why that class? How did you come by such training and/or power?
– How has your range of attributes affected your life? Has an 8 in Charisma provided hardships in your life that have been influential to you? Or has it actually been a boon in some way. How has an 20 in Strength influenced your life?
– Feats, how did you come by such training, or what kind of life event caused you to realize such a talent?
A female dragonborn that was a gladiator alongside Vascilious. They grew close over many years in the pit, blossoming into love rather quickly. She reminded him of his birth name when he would start to lose himself in the battles, which is why he now hides it from others. When their owner discovered they were working on plans for escaping he forced them into the ring against one another. She did not fight, allowing him to live on at the cost of her own life. Vascilious has not forgiven himself for killing her with his own hands, always believing that she was more worthy to live.
Vice’s Previous Owner (Name Unknown to Vice):
The man that purchased Vice from slavers many years ago. While he was very careful to never reveal his name to any of his slaves, Vice would remember his face if he were to see it. Vice has sworn revenge on this man for the death of his sister and Thavinn and still berates himself for failing to end the man’s life when he was freed by the Harpers.
Vascilious is currently has three goals:
- To avenge Thavinn by killing the man who owned them both.
- To save others from the fate he suffered for 22 years.
- To become stronger.
He is currently displeased with where the Harpers have him stationed because it conflicts with what he views as the more important goals.
VI. Secrets and Weaknesses
Vascilious carries a longer than average dagger on his being at almost all times as a reminder of Thavinn.
VII. Theme Backstory
The Harper Theme suggests a unofficial member of the Harpers that didn’t earn his pin, but took it from a fallen Harper. Vascilious is an actual accepted member of the Harpers, so most negative connotations from not being an official member should not apply. It could be twisted into others not thinking that he should be a Harper, though.