Wizened Staff with three glowing balls
Maximum Threads: 1
Spell Defense: 12
Opao Staves are made of snake wood and are nearly impossible to break. Their general shape is a long rod, four to five feet in length, with a shallow cup shape at one end. Small magical items, such as star balls, are placed on this cup. They appear to float about an inch above the cup.
Rank 1: 500 LP’s
- Can access a Star Ball and use its matrices, it also glows the same as a light quartz
- Can add three Star Balls to the staff at one time, each one requires a thread to be woven to it at the cost of 500 LP’s each.
Total must spend for Rank one on staff and three star balls is 1500 LP’s
- Future ranks on the staff are not multiplied by the number of Star Balls woven to the staff
- Quarter Staff Damage: Fully Forged: +8
- Each ball is made of electrum (silver and gold together)
- Each ball holds a spell matrix up to the thread rank woven to Staff
- However, only one is accessible at a time. It takes one round to switch the spell that is “on the top” of the ball.
Rank 2: 800 LP’s
+2 Spell casting only for spells held in the Star Ball
+2 to the affect test only for spells held in the Star Ball
Rank 3: 1300 LP’s
Key Knowledge: Where was the item made, The Wastes
+4 Spell casting only for spells held in the Star Ball
+4 to the affect test only for spells held in the Star Ball
Rank 4: 2100 LP’s
For 2 points of strain switching between spells counts as a free action
Rank 5: 3400 LP’s
Key Knowledge: Deed: Must find what type of wood the staff was made from and then plant and grow the same tree to maturity or get a guarantee that someone else will look after it.
Deed worth 3400 LP’s
Matrices now count as an Armoured Matrix of Rank 5
Can increase thread rank as per Journeyman rank increase costs but each star ball has to be increased separately
+6 Spell casting only for spells held in the Star Ball
+6 to the affect test only for spells held in the Star Ball