“Run, fetch! I love it when you run! It makes slaughtering you that much more fun!”
- Eladrin Madness is a strange things. It usually does not occur until an Eladrin has reached an advanced age. But occasionally, it strikes earlier. Sometimes, it is with an eladrin from birth. Or perhaps instead of being born mad, Trae’var was simply born without a conscience or a soul. Whichever it was, it was clear from a young age that there was something wrong with Trae’var.
- Trae’var was always interested in causing pain. He is a sadist and a sociopath, so he was channeled into a career where those traits would serve him well. He has been a member of the Wild Hunt for decades now. His brutality and his sheer glee at committing atrocities unnerves many of his fellow soldiers, but his skills were beyond question.
- Trained as a swordmage, Trae’var is adept at keeping his quarry close and preventing them from escaping. He was gifted with a blade known as “Shapeshifter’s Sorrow,” which aids him in finding and exposing shapeshifters and those who use illusions.
- Trae’var was assigned to Minas Mesidii, and placed under the command of Tasha Darkthorne. He doesn’t really care who he serves, just as long as he has license to indulge himself, and Tasha seems to have realized this.
- Trae’var despises changelings, seeing them as things masquerading as people. Not that he cares very much about other people—he tends to see everyone around him as toys to torment for his own amusement. But something about the idea of people who can take the faces of anyone they choose irritates him beyond reason. So he hunts down the Fetch and eliminates them so that he can rest easier.
“Fetch aren’t people. Fetch are little pieces of fairy magic that came to think of themselves as people. They don’t have souls. They’re just twigs and leaves and glamour that fake their way through life. Nothing about them is real. Not their faces, their emotions, or their blood. They are simply…trash. Trash to be discarded.”
- I want the players to hate him. Not just the characters—I want to get a real, emotional reaction from my players. I’d like them to find him so nasty that killing him becomes a goal for them.
- Trae’var’s goals are simple: hunt and destroy Fetch and satisfy his apatite for murder.
“Point me at them. I have people to kill!”
- Trae’var has more enemies than friends. He captured the family of a changeling named Lim, and then lead the assault on the enclave Lim lived in. Lim currently works with the Faceless Underground and despises the psychopath no end. however, his family is still being held hostage in Minas Elendrii, so he can’t act against the man openly. But he CAN “arrange” things, and he’s hoping to do just that with the help of someone he met recently, a ranger by the name of Ehrrol…
- Trae’var and Si’ari loathe each other, and there have been several “incidents” involving friendly fire between them. Trae’var is beginning to feel that the fetch hunters would be better off without her, and is making plans to remove her permanently.
- The dream spirit that has invaded Trae’var wishes to use its “tool” as an instrument to fulfill its function: creating a waking nightmare for the Eladrin people. It doesn’t mind Trae’var’s current activities, but sees them as “training” for the real work of becoming a terror to haunt the Eladrin people.