| Spider Thief
|Initiative: +5||Speed: 20ft. (4 squares)
|Hit Dice: 3d10 (16 hp)|
|AC/tch/ff: 19/19/14 (+4 size, +5 Dex)|
|Saves: Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0|
|BAB/Grapple: +2/-15||Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.|
|Attack: Claw +11 (1 + poison) 5ft. (no increment)|
|Special Attacks: Poison1|
|Special Qualities: darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, construct traits|
|Abilities: Str 1, Dex 21, Con -, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8|
|Skills2: Appraise +4, Climb +13, Hide +17, Listen +1, Move Silently +6, Open Lock +6, Ride +6, Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +1, Use Rope +7|
|Feats: Alertness, Deft Hands, Weapon Finesse|
1 Poison (Ex): Each claw of a spider thief is loaded with three doses of a sleeping poison (injury, Fort DC 11, initial sleep 1d4 minutes, secondary none). If a spider thief wishes to, it can throw its claws like a syringe up with a five foot range increment. It takes a full round action for the spider thief to recover and reattach its claw.
2 Skills: A spider thief uses its Dexterity modifier for Climb checks instead of its Strength modifier. A spider thief can climb ropes, can use its Climb skill to scuttle along a ceiling. It gains a +8 racial bonus to Climb checks. It can use its claws to “ride” a mount by spurring it in the appropriate direction with sharp claw jabs (opposed Spot check vs. its Hide check required to notice it as a rider).
Congratulations on the purchase of your new
SB-70 Object Retrieval System!
Your SB-70 is an ideal automated servant capable of collecting and returning small objects from cramped or hard to reach places.
|Size:||1’ extended, 6” stored|
|Weight:||Approx. 1lb empty|
|Carrying Cap:||Approx. 1lb|
|Speed:||200ft. / minute|
- Multi-functional climbing claws with payload stabilization capability
- Artificial eye: The SB-70 is equipped with both full color and night-vision capabilities.
- Voice Recognition
- Activate the unit by speaking the customized password.
- Issue the desired command
- Sit back and watch your SB-70 work!
- Retrieve: The primary purpose of the SB-70 system is to retrieve lightweight objects from difficult to reach locations.
- Deliver: The SB-70 may also deliver a small payload to a destination of your designation.
- Observe: The SB-70 can be used for reconnaissance and inspection tasks in tight corners or difficult to reach places.
- Neutralize: Ideal for non-lethal pest control. Each claw of your SB-70 is equipped with a small dose of sedative capable of putting small creatures to sleep for a short time.
Kit brought the construct out of the ruin, along with the instruction manual, some spare parts and a maintenance log. She gave all of these to Ipswitch Cogsworth in the hopes that he could get the robot running again, which he did.
Unfortunately, it appears that the SB-70 retrieval system is not all that it cracked up to be. The construct exhibits a skewed sense of value, being very easily distracted by shiny objects regardless of their monetary worth. It also seems compulsively drawn to such objects and must be placated with a shiny trinket in order to prevent it from stealing all that glitters.