Three By Shadow
Of the North Church tower as a signal light,—
One if by land, two if by sea, and three if by shadow…
Three By ShadowHang a lantern aloft in the belfry arch
The setting is Chicago, 2061, with locations taken from the real world. Actions taking place within the game can be tracked on googlemaps by entering in the addresses provided within the text, or by using our Chicago 2061 map. Moving down to street view will give a character’s eye view of the action, although generally there will be some changes in scenery 51 years in the future.
The gameplay will be mature: characters inclined to do so will curse like sailors, and when a person is shot, it will be violent.
An index of each scene and the cast of characters can be found at the wiki.
A few other things of note:
- We are playing Shadowrun 3rd edition.
- The game is advanced in a sort of ‘call and response’ system, the Gamemaster will describe events and the Player will respond with the PC’s actions.
- Non-narrative game mechanics information will be shown [in brackets and italics].
- Adventure Log posts will be divided by scene or event.
- Some changes are made to the Shadowrun rules to save time as we are not sitting at a table together. E.G. combat pool dice are allocated to a ‘dodge pool’ like spell defense, so that the GM can resolve an attack in one go.
- We agreed that we would not be decking, as it is overly complicated and generally unrelated to the events happening to the other characters.