Former mage of the Uruk Army, Toru has a tall and commanding presence. He wears his long blond hair in a braided pony tail and is never without his military lance.
Dungeon World version
Haunted Eyes, Wild Hair, Worn Robes, Thin Body
STR 9(0) | DEX 11(0) | CON 13(1) | INT 17(2) | WIS 15(1) | CHA 8(-1)
Damage D4 | Armor 1
HP | Max 17 | Current 17
Good – Use magic to directly aid another
Enusat will play an important role in the events to come. I have foreseen it!
Furoji is keeping an important secret from me.
Ensuat is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach him all I can.
Cantrips – Light*, Unseen Servent*, Prestidigitation*
Level 1 – Alarm, Cure Light Wounds*, Detect Magic, Magic Missle*
Load | Max 5 | Current 4
- Spellbook 1w
- dungeon rations 1w, uses 5
- Leather armor 1w
- Staff(Close, two-handed) 1w
- healing potion
Dragon AGE version
Class – Mage, Level – 3, Experience Points – 4,500
Background – Veteran, Age – 23, Gender – Male
Appearance – Height – 6’ 1", Weight – 200#, Distinguishing Features – Long blond hair in braidSed pony tail
Abilities – Communication 1, Constitution 2, Cunning 2 (Healing, Military Lore), Dexterity 2, Magic 3 , Perception 3 (Searching), Strength 1, Willpower 2 (Courage)
Speed – 12, Defense – 12, Armor – None, Penalty – 0, Armor Type – None
Health (Max) – 26 (20 + 2(Con) + 4(d6)) + 7 (2(Con) + 5(d6)) + 5 (2(Con) + 3(d6)) = 38, Health (Current) – 38
Natural Healing – 5 minute breather: 10 , 6 hours rest: 15
Move – 12, Charge – 6, Run – 24
Melee Weapon – Attack Roll – Damage
Quarterstaff – +2 – 1d6 +2
Ranged Weapon – Attack Roll – Damage – Short Range – Long Range – Reload Time
Arcane Lance – +3 – 1d6 +3 – 16 yds – 16 yds – N/A
Arcane Bolt – +3 – 2d6 +DD – 30 yds – 30 yds – N/A
- Arcane Lance: Martial mages learn to focus magical power through a military lance. If Toru is holding his military lance, he can make a special ranged attack that damages foes with a lance of magical energy. This is resolved like a normal ranged attack (so stunts are possible), but the attack roll is a Magic (Arcane Lance) test. An arcane lance has a range of 16 yards and inflicts 1d6 + Magic damage. It requires no mana points to make this attack.
- Magic Training: This is the most important of the mage’s powers. It allows a mage to cast the spells that are the hallmark of the class. Magic training gives Toru three spells to start with, and Toru can gain more through talents and class powers. See Chapapter 5: Magic for more information about choosing and casting spells.
- Mana Points: Toru uses mana to power his spells. Toru starts with a number of mana points equal to 10 + Magic + 1d6 and gains Magic + 1d6 more whenever Toru gains a new level.
- Starting Talent: Lore – Toru has an inquisitive mind and absorbs facts easily.
Spell Mana (Max) – 14 (10 + 2(Magic) +2(d6)) + 4 (3(Magic) + 1(d6)) + 6 (3(Magic) + 3(d6)) = 24, Spell Mana (Current) – 17
Spell Name – School – Type – Mana Cost – Cast Time – TN – Test
- Arcane Bolt – Spirit – Attack – 2 MP – Major Action – 10 – Dexterity (Acrobatics) vs. Spellpower
- Heal – Creation – Utility – 1-3 MP – Major Action – 10 – None
- Rock Armor – Primal – Defense – 3-8 MP – 1 Minute – 10 – None
- Glyph of Paralysis – Creation – Attack – 3 MP – 1 Minute – 10 – Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
Lore – Novice: Make a successful Cunning test with a lore focus, the GM should give you an extra piece of information on the topic
Chirurgy – Novice: Heal is a minor action
Languages – Toru speaks and reads the Trade Tongue
Concept – A Veteran Mage who is going back to climb The Tower to look for his lost companions from a previous campaign to fortify positions.
- Toru seeks to find Samyuk, brother to his betrothed, Bellara, who was lost during an avalanche while Toru was in charge of Samyuk’s patrol.
- Toru burns with the desire to bring shame to Captain Makado, who prevented Toru from saving Samyuk and had Toru court-martialed for disobeying orders.
- Toru hopes to win back the love of his betrothed by bringing her brother home safely.
- Furoji is a camp follower. She, like many others, followed military expeditions into the Tower and often provided companionship and other services to the troops. She has been following Samyuk & Toru’s battalion for some time when she bonded with Samyuk. Samyuk kept their relationship a secret because of the potential shame it might bring to his family honor because of her lowly social status. Hence, Toru is unaware of her relationship with Samyuk or that she knows (and is marking a trail for) Capt. Makado. She seems strangely familiar to Toru, he simply cannot latch onto the memory of where he has met her before.
Equipment – Backpack, traveler’s garb, waterskin, military lance (acts as quarterstaff for melee and wand for arcane lance), provisions for a few days, 5 torches
Money – 0 GP, 60 SP, 0 CP