PRAYER PIECE (ARTIFACT •••)
Speed: 5, Accuracy: +2, Damage: 10L*, Rate: 2, Range: 50, Ammo: 5, Attune: 6
*10A against creatures of darkness
These marvels of First Age craftsmanship resemble the humble flame piece in outline, but could never be mistaken under closer examination for a mortal weapon. Rather than a trigger, prayer pieces have an Essence-sensitive chit carved from pure red jade, leading up into a jade-and-orichalcum barrel. The interior of the gun’s barrel is carved with a series of hair-thin rifled grooves, and into the interior of these grooves are etched even more incredibly delicate, painstakingly detailed shrines and prayers to the Unconquered Sun. Microscopic least gods slumber within these shrines, their only purpose to convey martial veneration to the Highest of Holies.
Each prayer piece can chamber five rounds of ammunition at once. Unlike their distant relative, the alchemical flame weapon, prayer piece ammunition requires no expensive thaumaturgy to produce. Only a great investment of skill and time is required. Prayer pieces are designed to fire slugs made of any relatively soft metal, although First Age Solars considered gold to be the only substance worthy of the honor. Each round to be fired by a prayer piece must be completely covered in a specific, detailed prayer to the Unconquered Sun, its hair-thin characters completing the matching verses carved within the weapon’s barrel. Producing such a round requires five hours of work, knowledge of Old Realm and a (Dexterity + Craft [Air]) roll at difficulty 3.
In order to fire a prayer piece, the user must feed it a single mote of Essence. Doing so catalyzes the prayers inscribed on the slug, awakens the least gods within the weapon and fuses hope, devotion and will into a singular moment of focused martial intent. The slug erupts from the weapon with a roar and a gout of smoke, which carries the completed prayer to Heaven.
Because their attacks are Holy in nature, prayer pieces fail to function when wielded by creatures of darkness.
AVATAR OF DREAMS (ARTIFACT *) Attune: 7
Speed: 5, Accuracy: +2, Damage: 10L, Rate: 2, Range: 50, Ammo: 5
Speed: 4, Accuracy: +4, Damage: 4L, Rate: 3
- His mortal life was that of a hunter/chef. He found meaning in the ending of a animal’s life for the purpose of preparing a meal, fitting for a chosen of ending.
- He exalted during a hunt when his life was in danger. The bureau found him quickly after exaltation.
- During his training he could not agree with the view and plan of either Gold or Bronze fractions. The constant inter fraction fighting caused him to turn away from both. While he is considered to have join the Independent fraction, he disagrees with Nazri’s, Independent Sidereal’s leader, obsession on the Fair Folk.
- With no solid backing from any fraction, he only received training in a single celestial style, monkey, and no sidereal style. This handicap did not hinder his duties, true to his mortal profession he masterfully made use of what little he had to the great effect. However unknown to other Sidereals he began training in Quicksilver Hand of Dream Style years later. To this day He does not know how he is able to understand the dreams this style came from nor does he know if he was chosen to learn or just random luck.
- His last official duty for the bureau was to oversee the fall of Gem but that assignment took an unexpected turn when Solars and even a Death knight entered the picture. He was about to attempt to “correct” events when he received new orders for a Detached mission to observe and track Tensha, the new leader of Gem. He achieved his cover by creating a resplendant destiny of a chef on the personal staff of Tensha.
- This was the first time since his exaltation that he fully returned to his former line of work as a chef. He was shocked to find how much more fulfilling and the sense of purpose he felt as chef than as an agent for the bureau.
- One night as he was serving Tensha evening meal, a dragon blood assassin made an attempt on Tensha’s life. During the ensuring battle the meal he had prepared was in ruins, overcome with anger he unleashed his Sidereal powers and aided Tensha to strike down the assassin. Grateful for his aid Tensha overlooked the Sidereal’s lies and the two became friends.
- Tensha taught him the righteous devil and gave him a pair of prayer piece Tensha found in a vault under Gem.