Sara F.'s Gnoll archer in "Vistel's Circus"
Role-player: Sara F.
Player Character name: “Scully Strongbow”
- Adventuring Party: 39 (Boston area), “Vistel’s Circus”
- Date revised: September 2012/“February 1228 B.C.E.”
- Species/race: Gnoll (Flind)
- Sex: Female
- Age (and apparent human age, if relevant): 18
- Height: 6 ft., 6 in.
- Weight: 270 lbs.
- Hair, complexion: white, albino; with red eyes
Alignment: Neutral Good, with Lawful tendencies
- Patron deity: Grulla the huntsman
- Experience Level: 1
Abilities (and adjustments/bonuses; note order):
- Strength: 14 (+1)
- Dexterity: 16 (+2)
- Constitution: 10
- Intelligence: 10
- Wisdom: 12
- Charisma: 11
- Languages known: Hifalendorin (western human common), Bamoric or Barbari (spoken by humanoids in the Gusorin Confederation)
- Movement: 30 ft. per round
- Armor Class: 15
- Base Attack Bonus: +2 / +3
- Hit Points (and current, other effects): 8
Saving Throws :
- Reflex (Dex): -2 +2 = 0
- Fortitude (Con): 0
- Will (Wis): -2
- Darkvision: 60 feet
- Listen: +2 on notice/perception checks
- Scent: +1 bonus to Tracking, only -2 vs. invisible opponents
Class abilities: Ranger (can use any weapon as per Fighter but prefers light to med. armor)
- Favored foe or terrain: Pick +1 to Hit or +1 Survival every even level
- Healing: If a Ranger spends 1d12 turns, can gather herbs for 1d4 healing poultice
- Tracking At +1 per odd level (plus racial bonus above)
- Stealth: As per Thief; Dex; hide/move silently, sneak attack for +4 to hit, x2 damage)
- Spells: As per Druid, potentially available at higher level
- Spells: None yet
Backgrounds/skills : Outdoorsy/survival, see tracking above
- Foibles: Albino, negative reaction as a hyena-like humanoid (also sometimes mistaken for a lycanthrope or Wolfen)
- Circus roles: Archer, knife thrower
Equipment (by location, weight): See starting packs.
- Clothing: Circus garb
- Class tools:
- Other gear:
- On steed: none yet
- Magic items: none yet
- Armor : Leather
- Melee weapons : Long sword, d8
- Ranged weapons (and ammunition, ranges): Long bow, d8
- Copper pieces:
- Silver pieces:
- Electrum pieces:
- Gold pieces:
- Platinum pieces: 0
- Gems (number, g.p. value): 0
Companion(s): owl, “Owlicious”
- Steed: none yet
- Followers, strongholds: none yet
Backstory : Scully was abandoned as a young cub by her Gnoll mother to save her from being culled. She was discovered by a creepy Wizard guy who ran a freak show. The evil arcanist declawed Scully by painful magic.
Fortunately, a kind woodsman named Alrick Strongbow heard her cries and killed the spellcaster to save the young humanoid. He became her adoptive father and taught her how to use a bow to compensate for her loss of claws. Alrick also taught her about wilderness survival and gave her a pair of leather gloves to protect her paws/hands.
The woodsman had a son, Robert, who eventually left him and Scully for the love of a woman. Scully felt forsaken and became more protective of her aging foster father.
One day, Alrick and Scully were attacked by a pack of hostile Gnolls, possibly attracted by her scent. Alrick was killed trying to save her. After the woodsman’s death, Scully took revenge on any Gnoll she met.
Sometime later, Scully came across a circus caravan being attacked by Gnolls. She of course helped the humans with relish, but she received a nasty wound and was taken in by a grateful Wilhelmina “Mama Willie” Vistel, co-founder of “Vistel’s Circus.”
Mama Willie and husband Orlando Vistel discovered that Scully was declawed, but she had a strong heart, so they offered her a position in their traveling carnival. She accepted and has found a place where an albino Gnoll can belong….
- Nationality/homeland/home town: Plains of Sathendo, Gusorin Confederation
- Family/mentors: While many canids are evil, Scully was uncommonly benevolent. She views Mama Willie and Orlando Vistel as her pack; other circus mates to lesser degrees.
- Description (mannerisms, image links, etc.): Albino Gnoll (hyena-like humanoid)
- " Giacomo ‘the Mysterious’ Du Vane " [Beruk A.]-male Hifalendorin human Mage (Gypsy Wizard) and stage seer, embittered by experiences in Hesolin’s Magisterium; NGc, Lvl. 1
- " Hamfast Hammerfist " [Brian W.]-male Zeda human Fighter, mountaineer, “barbarian” strongman, and laborer; TNg, Lvl. 1
- " Scully Strongbow " [Sara F.]-female albino Gnoll (Flind) Ranger, archer, knife thrower, and scout, with owl “Owlicious”; NGl, Lvl. 1
- " Corwin Windsong " [Bruce K.]-male Half-Elf Bard, runaway aristocrat, ladies’ man, and ringmaster with a mandolin; CNg, Lvl. 1
- " Elsa Fairbottom " [Rich C.G.]-female Hill Dwarf Druid outcast, cook/brewer, and animal handler with owlbear cub “Oswald”; NGc, Lvl. 1
- " Radius " [Jason E.R.]-male Modron Paladin of Primus, lord of Nirvana; exiled to the Prime Material plane; LGn, Lvl. 1
- " Tempestade " [Josh C.]-male Barbari human Monk (Battledancer/capoeirista from outside the “Vanished Lands”), roustabout; CGl, Lvl. 1