A Good Ol' Boy from the mountains of Georgia.
Charisma: 0; Grit: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 8; Fate: 5
Hindrances: Illiterate, Quirk (Minor, Won’t back down from a fair fight/challenge), Grim Servant O’ Death
Edges: Acrobat (+ 2 acrobatic Agility rolls, + 1 Parry when Unencumbered), Ghost, Luck, Great Luck, Marksman (Free Aim (+ 2 to hit) when not moving before firing a weapon), Two-Fisted
Clothes: Longjohns, Boots, Work Shirt, Duster, Trousers, Stetson, Rifle Boot (Winchester) , Gun Belt, Holster (Army), Quick Draw Holster (Peacemaker), Backpack
Gear: Speed Load Cylinder (x2), Bedroll Hatchet, Matches (100), Shovel, Rope (50’) Mess Kit, Knife
- Harrowed: Grit +1. Needs 1d6 hours of sleep per night. Only a head-shot can kill. “Death” only puts the Harrowed down for 1d6 days. Immune to poison and disease.
- Real Name: Boyd Sutton – “Changed” when on the run to aid hiding & sound more imposing
- From North-East Georgia, in the Smokey Mountains
- Parents are Clyde & Augusta Sutton (they assume he is dead)
- 1 Sibling: Brother, William Sutton
- Killed his commanding officer Sgt. Ulysses Thurgood accidentally during a sabotage attempt on a Union Border Camp. The plan was to have Lucius lookout as a sniper while Hatch & 3 other Confederates infiltrated. Lucius saw a scout sneaking up on the party and shot at him. The shot missed and hit Sgt. Thurgood in the leg. During the ensuing firefight the Confederate forces were slowed by the injured Thurgood, and were all killed save Thurgood. Lucius killed the remaining Union soldier (only 5 were in the camp at the time), and attempted to save Thurgood. Unfortunately the sergeant had been further wounded, this time critically.
- Sergeant Thurgood gave Lucius his pistol and requested that it be delivered to his last surviving relative, a brother named Jonah who had moved West, seeking his fortune. The sergeant had last heard that his brother was in Coffin Rock, CO.
- Lucius assumed everyone thought he was dead. Since he had no real reason to head back home (the only think waiting for him was working as a hired hand), he headed West.
- He made several new friends in St. Louis, MO, along with new enemies. He died protecting his friends, but it didn’t stick: he came back Harrowed.
- It took him several days to come back, and in that time, his friends moved on. He believed himself to be some form of walking ghost. He could move through things if he concentrated real hard, but for the most part, he was as solid as a rock. He decided that he must still be walking in Earth because he had left a job undone: he still had to deliver the pistol to Jonah Thurgood in Coffin Rock, CO.
- As he traveled to Coffin Rock, he saw his picture on a wanted poster so he thought it would be best to hide his face with a mask. He made one out of a white pillow case – like the kind ghosts are suppose to wear.
- He eventually reached Coffin Rock and delivered the pistol to Jonah, but nothing changed for him. He didn’t know what to do until he happened to see his friends arrive in Coffin Rock. He followed them around town, trying to figure out how best to approach them for help, until they got into trouble and needed help: he jumped right in.
- After reuniting with his friends, he asked Brother Allen for help. Brother Allen performed an exorcism and laid him to rest.