Emblem of the Darkened Sun
Level: scales with wielder’s level.
- Gain a +2 bonus to Bluff checks. This increases to +4 at level 21.
- You can read, speak and understand Supernal.
- Your powers ignore fire resistance up to the enhancement bonus of this item.
- Flame Walk (At-Will): Free Action, 1/turn; While standing in a fire the size of a campfire or larger, you can teleport to another fire the size of a campfire or larger. This teleportation requires line of sight, but not line of effect
- Solar Flare (Encounter): Free Action; Use this power when an attack of yours causes a creature to gain ongoing fire damage. Sacrifice a healing surge to increase the ongoing fire damage of one target of the attack by 10 fire damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to saves against that instance of ongoing fire damage.
- Infernal Bindings (Daily): Standard Action; Close burst 2; You call forth two legion devil veternas, each appearing in an unoccupied square you choose within the burst. These devils act according to your orders (free action) on your initiative count. Each devil remains until it is killed, until you dismiss it (a free action), or until the end of the encounter.
Each Legion Devil has hit points equal to your healing surge value, and its defenses are the same as yours. While adjacent to each other, the legion devils have a +2 to AC and Reflex.
- Infernal Transformation: Once per encounter, when you score a critical hit, you can choose to manifest the power of your infernal pact. This transformation lasts until the end of your next turn. While transformed, you gain an aura 3. Enemies that start their turn in the aura must exit the aura on their turn, or fall prone (kneeling on the ground), and you treat all enemies in the aura as if they were cursed. You can sustain this effect as a free action by taking damage equal to your healing surge value (this ignores resistances). If you fall to 0 hit points while this aura is activated, all creatures in the aura take 50 damage and the aura ends.
Not much is known about this tainted relic. When one holds this item he can feel the dark power emanating from the blacked holy symbol. The item is a choker of crimson silk, streaked with black and gold. The only other adornment to this otherwise simple necklace is the holy symbol of Pelor on the front: a golden sun with six points protruding around the circle. This emblem, sizing 3 inches across, is cracked down the middle and has been stained a bright red that shimmers from the gold underneath. The stain looks eerily like blood, and what’s more disturbing is that this emblem, when exposed to areas of strong evil energy it weeps a thick red ooze.
What is known of this artifact is that it was held by a worshiper of Pelor who found a gruesome death at the hands of an archdevil. Perhaps when he died the archdevil attempted to gain the power of this relic and convert it to suit its own malign purposes. Whatever happened, the god that created this item would not let it fall into the hands of such evil creatures and the item returned to its hold in the depths of the Starfall despite its corrupted state.