You may say, it is impossible for a man to become like the Machine. And I would reply, that only the smallest mind strives to comprehend its limits. ~ Fabricator General Kane
The Sixteen Universal Laws
These Laws are the guiding beacons to all Cult Mechanicus on the Quest for Knowledge and are the central ideas and beliefs of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
- Life is directed motion.
- The spirit is the spark of life.
- Sentience is the ability to learn the value of knowledge.
- Intellect is the understanding of knowledge.
- Sentience is the basest form of Intellect.
- Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.
- Comprehension is the key to all things.
- The Omnissiah knows all, comprehends all.
- The alien mechanism is a perversion of the True Path.
- The soul is the conscience of sentience.
- A soul can be bestowed only by the Omnissiah.
- The Soulless sentience is the enemy of all.
- The knowledge of the ancients stands beyond question.
- The machine spirit guards the knowledge of the ancients.
- Flesh is fallible, but ritual honours the machine spirit.
- To break with ritual is to break with faith.