A Brief History of my Offline & Online Gaming:
- Fertile Background in Mallory’s Morte D’artur, Lewis’ Narnia, L’Engle’s Wrinkle in Time, Le Guin’s Earthsea, John Christopher’s White Mountains.
- Box Set Basic D&D around age 10 via kid in my cubscout troop.
- AD&D ages 10-14 or so. Also owned Star Frontiers. Anybody ever play that game?
- Champions from ages 11-20 or so. Longest, most intense obsession with a system.
- GURPS via gaming bunch attached to (initially) friend of friend.
- Compuserve RPG Forum Neurovore, Playing GURPs Supers and White Wolf/Werewolf.
- White Wolf Games, mainly Werewolf, with neighborhood friends after Highschool
- AOL online Vampire and Mage forums as Enantiodromos
- AOL online freeform White-wolf based chat RP as Enantiodromos and WoDLucas
- AOL Message-Based New Orleans Mage: The Ascension game circa 2001, as Enantiodromos, playing ex-Syndicate Euthanatos retired actuarial scientist Emmett Reed. Alok, where are you now?!
- White Wolf Forums, esp. Mage, as Enantiodromos. Epic ontological gaming debates ensued. Freemage, Samhaine, Amado Guzman, Malcolm Sheppard, Blue Money, where are you now?
- Gravitated back toward Champions, now Hero System
- Invited to play Fading Suns. Great chronicle with Stephen, Pallandrome, et al, playing Lan Maningzhoue, Apothecary/Alchemist/ponce.
- Began playing City of Heroes online MMO circa 2005. First charcter a Mind/Empathy controller named Dr. Maningzhoue. Played from time to time with Pallandrome/Rob as Fallen Praetor & Tempest Warden. Later joined Elemental supergroup on Virtue with Digitribe folks as Dandeleona, a Plant/Radiation controller.
- Obsession with Fading Suns setting only at close of Stephen’s Chronicle. Coupled with interest in FATE, from same source. Long-percolating Fading Suns/Fate Chronicle work, development of War in Heaven: Pantheon substitute.
- Invitation to Children of the 80s. :)